* footnotes for headers
@ 2000-08-24 21:28 Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-08-24 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

still unsolved:

If I need a footnote to a chapter title,
I can't simply use
\chapter{Title\footnote{or something like that}}
because the text of the footnote doesn't appear anything.
(and the marks are numbered separately from the text)

In LaTeX I saw something like
\chapter{Title\footnotemark}\footnotetext{something}

How is such possible with ConTeXt?

hraban.

* Re: footnotes for headers
@ 2000-08-25 21:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-08-25 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 11:28 PM 8/24/00 +0200, Hraban wrote:
>still unsolved:
>
>If I need a footnote to a chapter title,
>I can't simply use
>\chapter{Title\footnote{or something like that}}
>because the text of the footnote doesn't appear anything.
>(and the marks are numbered separately from the text)
>
>In LaTeX I saw something like
>\chapter{Title\footnotemark}\footnotetext{something}
>
>How is such possible with ConTeXt?

As said, footnotes should work ok in section headers, but a bug creeped
into the macros.

Goto core-sec.tex and locate \endheadplacement. There you may remove the
call to \doflushfootnotes in the branch
\ifdisplaysectionhead. The real fix is slightly different, but for the
moment this works.

I'll patch the beta.

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE