* no more output with new beta
@ 2000-08-31 23:22 Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-08-31 23:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

I just unzipped the newest beta, edited the .rme/.ini
made new formats and didn't forget texhash.

But context (or pdfetex) produces no output.
First starts texexec (2.1)
Then comes -- two times!? -- "This is pdfetex ... -13d-2.1"
followed by:
**
! End of file on the terminal ... why?
entering extended mode

And some more error messages.

What did I forget?

Hraban.

* Re: no more output with new beta
@ 2000-09-01  8:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-01  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 01:22 AM 9/1/00 +0200, Hraban wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I just unzipped the newest beta, edited the .rme/.ini
>made new formats and didn't forget texhash.
>
>But context (or pdfetex) produces no output.
>First starts texexec (2.1)
>Then comes -- two times!? -- "This is pdfetex ... -13d-2.1"
>followed by:
>**
>! End of file on the terminal ... why?
>entering extended mode

First, i strongly suggest that you update to pdftex version 14.

Also, texexec is now 2.2, so did you copy texexec.pl to the right place?

There have been a few changes in texexec that have to do with handling mpost.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: no more output with new beta
@ 2000-09-01 15:02   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-09-01 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> First, i strongly suggest that you update to pdftex version 14.
> Also, texexec is now 2.2, so did you copy texexec.pl to the right place?

I thought it could be something like that...

But in my /usr/bin I've only a symlink to the texexec app, so that it
should point to the right file. I'll check it.

> There have been a few changes in texexec that have to do with handling mpost.

I see: At first run of texexec there was something with mpost...

Thanks!

@ 2000-09-01 16:10     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-01 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:02 PM 9/1/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen wrote:
>> First, i strongly suggest that you update to pdftex version 14.
>> Also, texexec is now 2.2, so did you copy texexec.pl to the right place?
>
>I thought it could be something like that...
>
>But in my /usr/bin I've only a symlink to the texexec app, so that it
>should point to the right file. I'll check it.
>
>> There have been a few changes in texexec that have to do with handling
mpost.

>I see: At first run of texexec there was something with mpost...

texexec --make metafun

should produce a metapost format file. Can you check that too? [see
texexec.rme for more info]

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE