* Why does metapost refuse to run a perfectly legal file?
@ 2000-09-14  7:18 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2000-09-14  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All,

For no apparent reason metapost often refuses to run a file (perhaps
this is related to my previous question??). When context generates the
mpgraph.mp and metapost is run its log file is:

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1) (mem=metafun 2000.9.14)
14 SEP 2000 07:21
**&metafun mpgraph
(mpgraph.mp)
! Emergency stop.
<*> &metafun mpgraph

*** (job aborted, no legal end found)

However, if I manually say metapost &metafun mpgraph everything is fine.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* Re: Why does metapost refuse to run a perfectly legal file?
@ 2000-09-14  7:57 ` Zeljko Vrba
From: Zeljko Vrba @ 2000-09-14  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 09:18:11AM +0200, Berend de Boer wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> For no apparent reason metapost often refuses to run a file (perhaps
> this is related to my previous question??). When context generates the
> mpgraph.mp and metapost is run its log file is:
>
> This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1) (mem=metafun 2000.9.14)
> 14 SEP 2000 07:21
> **&metafun mpgraph
> (mpgraph.mp)
> ! Emergency stop.
> <*> &metafun mpgraph
>
> *** (job aborted, no legal end found)
>

> However, if I manually say metapost &metafun mpgraph everything is fine.

You have to put end at the end of file, like this:

@ 2000-09-14  8:42   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-14  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Berend de Boer, ntg-context

At 09:57 AM 9/14/00 +0200, Zeljko Vrba wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 09:18:11AM +0200, Berend de Boer wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> For no apparent reason metapost often refuses to run a file (perhaps
>> this is related to my previous question??). When context generates the
>> mpgraph.mp and metapost is run its log file is:
>>
>> This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.3.1) (mem=metafun 2000.9.14)
>> 14 SEP 2000 07:21
>> **&metafun mpgraph
>> (mpgraph.mp)
>> ! Emergency stop.
>> <*> &metafun mpgraph
>>
>> *** (job aborted, no legal end found)
>>

>> However, if I manually say metapost &metafun mpgraph everything is fine.
>>
>You have to put end at the end of file, like this:

It looks like something goes wrong there. In any case, at least the latest
texexec, will add the end for you. Also, \stoptext (\stoptekst) will do
that. I'm puzzled.

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE