* Re: Building format with TeX [and Omega]
@ 2000-09-15  9:47 Behnam Tabatabai
From: Behnam Tabatabai @ 2000-09-15  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Thank you Hans for your answer. You don't need to change anything in
"supp-pdf.tex", because it works fine as is.

In fact I had messed up my Context installation, which normaly resides under
my "localtexmf\tex\context", but I had forgotten some old files from a
context files from "texmf\..." the problem is solved.

I'm sorry for this.

>I strongly suggest you to use pdfetex, since that way you got quite some
>goodies for free

I do use pdftex as my default tex-engine. The reason for creating other
formats was that I was experimenting to use Omega+Context, where I
encountered this problem, and so tried the same using TeX and eTeX.

Appropos Omega:
--------------
I have already tried the Omega specific commands (direction switching
commands and OTP's) in some small Context documents and the results are very
good: I used the Omega commands "\pagedir TRT" etc. for right-to-left, as
well as a chain of OTP's for mapping from ISIRI (8-bit standard for Persian)
to Unicode, context analysis, etc., for some Persian text. I was very
impressed by the results!

Unfortunately I know too little about Context/TeX to be able to set up by my
own a clean language environment for Farsi (and other right-to-left scripts
like Arabic and Hebrew) using these features. However if somebody starts
that, I would be very happy to contribute my part (at least to the language
specific issues).

Regards,
Behnam

http://profiles.msn.com.