* Enumerating paragraphs
@ 2000-09-19 11:16 Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2000-09-19 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I number paragraphs (similar to the format used when
typesetting a module)?  I've had an unsuccessful attempt at
it (below).

\newcount\paragraphno    % enumerate paragraphs
\def\paragraph#1\par{\advance\paragraphno by 1
    \llap{\sl \the\paragraphno\kern1pc}#1\par}%  number to left of text

\setupbodyfont[ber,10pt]
\setupwhitespace[big]

\starttext

\section[sec-language]{How this Book Teaches You The Language}

\paragraph Java is an object oriented programming language.  When you
use an object oriented programming language, your program consists of
class definitions.

\stoptext

* Re: Enumerating paragraphs
@ 2000-09-20  2:31 Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2000-09-20  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Ed L Cashin for your solution.  I had read section 12
in the beginner's manual but it takes an especially devious mind to
invent a wrapper macro around the paragraph formatting macro.  Your
reference to the Count was much more obvious (I guess I watch too much
Sesame St.).

Thanks Hans Hagen for your reply.  I'm continually amazed at what
you've packed into ConTeXt, the \inleft command is exactly what I
want.

* enumerating paragraphs
@ 2001-11-09 18:06 Mathias.Picker
From: Mathias.Picker @ 2001-11-09 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

How can I enumerate paragraphs? They should simply look like

(1) sometext
for this para.

(2) and some
for this
para

(X) ...

?? I tried to play with the itemize setups, but got nowhere. Any hints?

Thanks, Mathias
--
                            virtual earth
 Mathias Picker