* Two questions on Context
@ 2000-09-21  9:57 Michal Kvasnicka
From: Michal Kvasnicka @ 2000-09-21  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear friends,

let me ask these simple questions:

1) Is \em just a font switch, or is it macro? I.e. is it necessary to
    write `{\em some text\/}' or is sufficient to write `{\em some
text}'?

2) How can I find what hyphenation pattern is currently used?

Many thanks,

M.K.

--
Economics is the only field in which two people can get a Nobel Prize
for saying exactly the opposite things.

* Re: Two questions on Context
@ 2000-09-21 10:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-21 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Context

At 11:57 AM 9/21/00 +0200, Michal Kvasnicka wrote:
>Dear friends,
>
>let me ask these simple questions:
>
>1) Is \em just a font switch, or is it macro? I.e. is it necessary to
>    write `{\em some text\/}' or is sufficient to write `{\em some
>text}'?

{\em test {\em test {\bf test \em test}}}

the \/ is supposed to be done automatically, \em is a macro

>2) How can I find what hyphenation pattern is currently used?

top of log.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* RE: Two questions on Context
       [not found] <20040524100008.6353.14630.Mailman@ref.ntg.nl>
@ 2004-05-24 20:51 ` Roelof Langman
From: Roelof Langman @ 2004-05-24 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willy,

Thanks! Using \setupbodyfont solves my first problem.

Unfortunately, using \plaatsinhoud[criterium=onderwerp] does not solve my
second problem. No table of contents is generated.

Cheers! Roelof

* Re: Two questions on ConText
@ 2004-05-23 20:27   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2004-05-23 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Roelof Langman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using Context to typeset a book. As I use the Lucida fonts, I have
>
> \usetypescript[lucida][texnansi]
> \switchtobodyfont[lucida, 10pt]
> \stelhoofdstekstenin[onderwerp][paginanummer][book title]
>
> Unfortunately, if the "onderwerp" contains extended characters, they are not
> shown in the header text. Can this be done, and if so, how can I do it?

I suppose you should say \setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt] instead of
\switchtobodyfont. You can use \switchtobodyfont inside your document if
you have to change e.g. from 10pts to 12pts or from rm to ss etc.

> In my file ,,boek.tex'', I have line saying ,,\plaatsinhoud'' (I use
> \onderwerp for my chapters, and \subonderwerp for my subchapters). The
> command \plaatsinhoud doesn't result in a table of contents being produced
> (my silent hope). Can I get a table of contents? How?

Try adding \plaatsinhoud[criterium=onderwerp]

> Thanks!
>
> Roelof Langman

Willi

* Two questions on ConText