* useMETAFUNformattrue
@ 2000-09-27 13:05 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 2000-09-27 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

when i use \useMETAFUNformattrue metapost complains about unknown parameter
"-progname=mpost"
in the logfile i find:
system(mpost -progname=mpost -mem=metafun colortest-mpgraph)...executed.
i think it must be:
system(mpost -mem=metafun colortest-mpgraph)...executed.

my file contains:

\starttext
\setupcolors[state=start]
\startMPpage
colorcircle(10cm,red,green,blue) ;
\stopMPpage
\stoptext

I use miktex + pdfetex by Fabrice

is this a bug in texexec.pl?

Greetings

Lutz

* Re: useMETAFUNformattrue
@ 2000-09-27 23:05 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-27 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: 'ntg-context@ntg.nl'

At 03:05 PM 9/27/00 +0200, Haseloff, Lutz wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>when i use \useMETAFUNformattrue metapost complains about unknown parameter
>"-progname=mpost"
>in the logfile i find:
>system(mpost -progname=mpost -mem=metafun colortest-mpgraph)...executed.
>i think it must be:
>system(mpost -mem=metafun colortest-mpgraph)...executed.

this indeed assumes web2c mpost, if needed you can redefine:

  \def\executeMPOST#1%
    {mpost
      \ifcase\interactionmode -int=batchmode \fi
      \ifuseMETAFUNformat -progname=mpost -mem=metafun \fi #1}

in your local syst-gen.tex and change it to miktex syntax. Maybe I should
make turn this into a special, and make a miktex driver. Must not forget
this.

>my file contains:
>
>\starttext
>\setupcolors[state=start]
>\startMPpage
>colorcircle(10cm,red,green,blue) ;
>\stopMPpage
>\stoptext
>
>I use miktex + pdfetex by Fabrice

eh, then why not use fabrices mpost? Has some nice fixes too [buffer
problems and better randomizer], i think that mpost from web2c can work ok
with miktex.

>is this a bug in texexec.pl?

texexec can be told not to pass the string (for miktex set MpPassString to
"")

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE