* buttons below visible area
@ 2000-10-03 20:45 Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2000-10-03 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Another problem I am experiencing:

When compiling the following source text, the defined menu which should be
at the bottom of the page is off the page. If I set the height to value
3\bottomheight, the buttons are cut off at the bottom, but at last readable.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Johannes

---8-<----
\setuppapersize
  [S6][S6]
\setuplayout
  [topspace=12pt,
   header=0pt,
   height=fit,
   footer=0pt,
   bottomdistance=4pt,
   bottom=48pt,
   backspace=12pt,
   margin=0pt,
   width=fit,
   edgedistance=12pt,
   rightedge=96pt]

\setupinteraction[state=start,
                   menu=on]

\setupcolors[state=start]
\defineinteractionmenu[nav]
  [bottom]
  [state=start,
   background=screen,
   frame=on,
   height=\bottomheight,
   align=left,
   style=small]

\setupinteractionmenu[nav]
  [{prev jump[PreviousJump]},
   {next jump[NextJump]}]

\starttext

\chapter[intro]{Introduction}
\section[intro.purpose]{Purpose}

Just to type out some text which is unimportant. The bottom of the screen counts.

\stoptext

* Re: buttons below visible area
@ 2000-10-04  9:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-04  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:45 PM 10/3/00 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
>Another problem I am experiencing:
>
>When compiling the following source text, the defined menu which should be
>at the bottom of the page is off the page. If I set the height to value
>3\bottomheight, the buttons are cut off at the bottom, but at last readable.
>
>Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Sure, you define another level of menus,

\setupinteractionmenu[bottom][distance=overlay]

This command makes sure that the next level is layed over the previous one
(being bottom)

Also, I suggest that you use:

\startinteractionmenu[nav]
  \but [PreviousJump] prev jump \\
  \but [NextJump]     next jump \\
\stopinteractionmenu

since it is more powerful,

Btw, I would do:

\setupinteractionmenu
  [bottom]
  [background=screen,
   frame=on,
   height=\bottomheight,
   align=left,
   distance=overlay,
   style=small]

\defineinteractionmenu
  [nav][bottom]
  [state=start]

\startinteractionmenu[nav]
  \but [PreviousJump] prev jump \\
  \but [NextJump]     next jump \\
\stopinteractionmenu

Now, if you're in for an experiment, try:

\setuppapersize[S6][S6]
\setupinteraction[state=start,menu=on]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setuplayout
  [topspace=12pt,header=0pt,height=100pt,footer=0pt,
   bottomdistance=4pt,bottom=18pt,
   backspace=12pt,margin=0pt,width=fit,edgedistance=12pt,rightedge=96pt]
\setupinteractionmenu
  [bottom]
  [background=screen,frame=on,height=\bottomheight,
   style=small,align=left,distance=6pt]

\dorecurse
  {10}
  {\ExpandFirstAfter\defineinteractionmenu[\recurselevel][bottom][state=start]
   \ExpandFirstAfter\startinteractionmenu[\recurselevel]
     \but [PreviousJump] prev jump \\
     \hfill Keep On Jumping \hfill
     \but [NextJump]     next jump \\
   \stopinteractionmenu}

\starttext

\chapter[intro]{Introduction} \section[intro.purpose]{Purpose}

Just to type out some text which is unimportant. The bottom
of the screen counts.

\stoptext

And you will see why the distance is important. Try this with
distance=overlay and you'll find that you can define many many menu's, turn
them on and off on pages, let them overlay, etc etc. So, what you saw as a
problem, is actually a feature -)
Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE