* about non-existent options
@ 2000-10-17 23:27 Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2000-10-17 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel

If I write

\framed[framed=off,background=lions]

I get a frame, apparently because ``framed=off'' is considered nil.
I should have written ``frame=off''. It would be nice if this led
to an explicit error.

Denis

* Re: about non-existent options
@ 2000-10-18  8:09 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-18  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, Denis B. Roegel

At 01:27 AM 10/18/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
>If I write
>
>\framed[framed=off,background=lions]
>
>I get a frame, apparently because ``framed=off'' is considered nil.
>I should have written ``frame=off''. It would be nice if this led
>to an explicit error.

I once had something like that running [years ago] but the overhead was too
large, also in resources. Maybe some day ...

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: about non-existent options
@ 2000-10-18 12:09   ` S2P development
From: S2P development @ 2000-10-18 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> At 01:27 AM 10/18/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
> >If I write
> >
> >\framed[framed=off,background=lions]
> >
> >I get a frame, apparently because ``framed=off'' is considered nil.
> >I should have written ``frame=off''. It would be nice if this led
> >to an explicit error.
>
> I once had something like that running [years ago] but the overhead was too
> large, also in resources. Maybe some day ...

Perhaps we could create a special 'debug' version of context? Even if it
is a completely different format, like cont-end instead of cont-en (d
for debug). It would be handy sometimes to verify that your syntax is
correct (even if it does run very very slow, it will still be faster
than 'tracingall' and much more comprehensible)

Greetings, Taco

* Re: about non-existent options
@ 2000-10-18 14:49     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-18 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:09 PM 10/18/00 +0200, S2P development wrote:
>Hans Hagen wrote:
>>
>> At 01:27 AM 10/18/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
>> >If I write
>> >
>> >\framed[framed=off,background=lions]
>> >
>> >I get a frame, apparently because ``framed=off'' is considered nil.
>> >I should have written ``frame=off''. It would be nice if this led
>> >to an explicit error.
>>
>> I once had something like that running [years ago] but the overhead was too
>> large, also in resources. Maybe some day ...
>
>Perhaps we could create a special 'debug' version of context? Even if it
>is a completely different format, like cont-end instead of cont-en (d
>for debug). It would be handy sometimes to verify that your syntax is
>correct (even if it does run very very slow, it will still be faster
>than 'tracingall' and much more comprehensible)

I'll give it a thought. Can probably go together with the new docu project
and low level cleaning up.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE