* Vertical Centering
@ 2000-10-27  5:53 Christopher Tipper
From: Christopher Tipper @ 2000-10-27  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Everyone,

I'm creating an interactive presentation with \setuppapersize[S6][S6]

I want to centre the words "Sorry, that's wrong." \crlf "Go back to the question" vertically on a blank page.

In the following \blank[force,6*big] does not have any effect. Is there a better way of doing this?

\page
\pagereference[wrong]
\ssc\blank[force,6*big]
\midaligned{Sorry, that's wrong.}

\midaligned{\goto{Go back to the beginning}[beginning]}

I thought about \setupalign[middle], but this doesn't work.

While on the subject, it would be nice for multi-word \goto directives to form a contiguous field in the Acrobat viewer. At the moment "Go back to the beginning" appears to Acrobat's hyperlinking mechanism to be "Go" "back" "to" "the" "beginning". (This is Acrobat 4.0)

Any ideas?

Best wishes,
Christopher
   Nil Desperandum Illegitimi
   -- Don't let the bastards get you down (~Ovid)

* Re: Vertical Centering
@ 2000-10-27  6:30 ` Zeljko Vrba
From: Zeljko Vrba @ 2000-10-27  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 06:53:48AM +0100, Christopher Tipper wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm creating an interactive presentation with \setuppapersize[S6][S6]
>
> I want to centre the words "Sorry, that's wrong." \crlf "Go back to the question" vertically on a blank page.

\vfill
\midaligned{Sorry, that's wrong}
\vfill

should do the work. Before \vfill start a new page.

* Re: Vertical Centering
@ 2000-10-27  7:19   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-27  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 08:30 AM 10/27/00 +0200, Zeljko Vrba wrote:
>On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 06:53:48AM +0100, Christopher Tipper wrote:
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I'm creating an interactive presentation with \setuppapersize[S6][S6]
>>
>> I want to centre the words "Sorry, that's wrong." \crlf "Go back to the
question" vertically on a blank page.

>\vfill
>\midaligned{Sorry, that's wrong}
>\vfill
>
>should do the work. Before \vfill start a new page.

\startstandardmakeup

  \setupalign[middle]

  \vfill Sorry, that's wrong \vfill Go back \vfill

\stopstandardmakeup

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Vertical Centering
@ 2000-10-27  7:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-27  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:53 AM 10/27/00 +0100, Christopher Tipper wrote:

>While on the subject, it would be nice for multi-word \goto directives to
form a contiguous field in the Acrobat viewer. At the moment "Go back to
the beginning" appears to Acrobat's hyperlinking mechanism to be "Go"
"back" "to" "the" "beginning". (This is Acrobat 4.0)

Breaking up the text is actually a feature, since it (1) compensates for
too small links, (2) goes over linebreaks in a save way, and (3) permits
stacking hyperlinks. An unbroken link is achieved with:

\gotobox{\strut something that may not break}[ref]

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE