* Re: texexec not launching mpost
       [not found] ` <200010271431.QAA03427@bar.loria.fr>
@ 2000-10-27 15:55   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-27 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel, ntg-context

At 04:31 PM 10/27/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
>`Hans Hagen' wrote
>>
>>   Did you regenetare the metafun format with the latest context mp files?
>>   Keep in mind that some of this stuff is rather experimental.
>
>Yes, I think I regenerated it. But in my mp-text.mp, I have only
>one parameter for textext:
>
>%D        version=2000.07.10,
>
>vardef textext@#(expr txt) =
>  interim labeloffset := textextoffset ;
>  noftexpictures := noftexpictures + 1 ;
>
>And the mpgraph.mp file calls it with two parameters if I am not mistaken.

Ah, a bug! Indeed "textext" only takes one argument, so the metafun manual
is wrong!

I'll repair the manual.

This went unnoticed since i let mpost run in batch mode and a second arg
does not harm the mp output.

Thanks for noticing,

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* textext problem
@ 2000-10-27 19:20     ` Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2000-10-27 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel, Denis B. Roegel, ntg-context

`Hans Hagen' wrote

>   Ah, a bug! Indeed "textext" only takes one argument, so the metafun manual
>   is wrong!

Ok, but there is still the problem with "unknown":

vardef textext@#(expr txt) =
  interim labeloffset := textextoffset ;
  noftexpictures := noftexpictures + 1 ;
  if string txt :
    write "% figure " & decimal charcode & " : " &
      "texpictures[" & decimal noftexpictures & "] := btex " &
      txt & " etex ;" to jobname & ".mpt" ;
    if unknown texpictures[noftexpictures] :
      thelabel@#("unknown",origin)   <---------------------------
    else :
      thelabel@#(texpictures[noftexpictures],origin)
    fi
  else :
    thelabel@#(txt,origin)
  fi
enddef ;

Denis

* Re: textext problem
@ 2000-10-28 14:24       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-28 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel, ntg-context

At 09:20 PM 10/27/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
>`Hans Hagen' wrote
>>
>>   Ah, a bug! Indeed "textext" only takes one argument, so the metafun
manual
>>   is wrong!
>>

>Ok, but there is still the problem with "unknown":
>
>      thelabel@#("unknown",origin)   <---------------------------

This only happens when the file is not processed. There should be a file
with the suffix .mpt containing

% figure 1 : texpictures[1] := btex \hbox spread 1em{\hss \strut Zapf
(1)\hss }

This file is generated in the first mp run, and then merged

                doRunMP($MpName,0)  ;
                # test for labels
                my $belabels = 0 ;
                if (open(MP, "<$MpName.mpt"))
                  { while (<MP>)

See doRunMP for details. You may want to uncomment the line

# unlink "mptrace.tmp" ; rename ($MpFile, "mptrace.tmp") ;

and check the tmp file after a run for the zapf text.

It works here, but when it works at your and other places as well, it would
be great, since then I can start embedding the graph package in context [i
already patched hobby's file to provide real tex texts instead of pseudo
text so that we can get real good labels and so].

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: textext problem
@ 2000-10-30 20:21         ` Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2000-10-30 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel, Denis B. Roegel, ntg-context

`Hans Hagen' wrote

>   It works here, but when it works at your and other places as well, it would
>   be great, since then I can start embedding the graph package in context [i
>   already patched hobby's file to provide real tex texts instead of pseudo
>   text so that we can get real good labels and so].

Stupid me, I had some of the .pl files non-executable...
When I corrected this, it worked!

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Denis

* Re: textext problem
@ 2000-10-31  7:50           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-31  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel, ntg-context

At 09:21 PM 10/30/00 +0100, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
>`Hans Hagen' wrote
>>
>>   It works here, but when it works at your and other places as well, it
would
>>   be great, since then I can start embedding the graph package in
context [i
>>   already patched hobby's file to provide real tex texts instead of pseudo
>>   text so that we can get real good labels and so].
>
>Stupid me, I had some of the .pl files non-executable...
>When I corrected this, it worked!
>
>Sorry for the inconvenience,

No problem. Another thing you should be aware of is that when you want to
use positional graphic, you can best use pdftex and pdf output. It does
work in dvi too, but i had no time yet to bundle the perl scripts needed to
parse the file [taco hacked an existing dvi parser to handle positioning
and it works ok but slow; also, fabrice popineau made windvi pos special
robust].

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE