* Re: Installation of Context (on MikTeX)
@ 2000-10-31 17:46 michou
From: michou @ 2000-10-31 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

By including the format file parameter in the command line, in this way (2
backslashes needed), the format file seems to be found :

>texexec --verbose --format=d:\\localtexmf\\miktex\\fmt\\cont-en.fmt test.tex

It doesn't work when the format file is specified in the texexec.ini file
because it seems  that  the extension ".fmt" is needed and that does not
appear in this case.

The test file is just this one :
\starttext
 \framed {Let's see if it works}
\stoptext

>From the output (at the end), it seems that some files are not found again.
But I can't figure out which ones ?
I should specify also that no  output  file (test.pdf) is created here.

I probably need to specify more paths but it is not clear which ones either.

Thanks again for any information.

Yanick Michou

The result resulting output is as follows :

-----
 TeXExec 2.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000

     locating ini file : kpsewhich not found in path
     locating ini file : found by searching
               reading : d:\LOCALT~2\context\perltk\texexec.ini
               setting : 'TeXShell' to 'miktex' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en,nl,de,uk' for 'all'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'tex' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpExecutable' to 'mpost' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviToMpExecutable' to 'dvitomp' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviSpecialScript' to 'dvispec' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormat' to 'metafun' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFontsPath' to
'd:\\texmf\\fonts\\";"d:\\localtexmf\\fonts' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en,nl,de,uk' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'pdftex' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '--initialize' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXBatchString' to '' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpPassString' to '' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpBatchString' to '' for 'miktex'

          used setting : TeXShell = miktex
          used setting : SetupPath =
          used setting : UserInterface = en
          used setting : UsedInterfaces = en,nl,de,uk
          used setting : TeXFontsPath =
d:\\texmf\\fonts\\";"d:\\localtexmf\\fonts
          used setting : MpExecutable = mpost
          used setting : MpToTeXExecutable = mpto
          used setting : DviToMpExecutable = dvitomp
          used setting : TeXProgramPath =
          used setting : TeXFormatPath =
          used setting : ConTeXtPath =
          used setting : TeXScriptsPath =
          used setting : TeXExecutable = pdftex
          used setting : TeXVirginFlag = --initialize
          used setting : TeXPassString =
          used setting : TeXFormatFlag = &
          used setting : FmtLanguage =
          used setting : FmtBodyFont =
          used setting : TcXPath =

            executable : pdftex
                format : d:\\localtexmf\\miktex\\\fmt\\\cont-en.fmt
             inputfile : test

pdftex    &d:\\localtexmf\\miktex\\\fmt\\\cont-en.fmt test

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14e-released-20000217 (MiKTeX 1.20e
(Snapshot bu
ild 187))
**
! End of file on the terminal... why?òÊ???ù­9t_?ʳ?+b?????: not found
òÊ???ù­9t_?ʳ?+b?????: not found
9t_?ʳ?+b?????: not found
9t_?ʳ?+b?????: not found
ʳ?: not found
ʳ?: not found

              run time : 1 seconds
-----

* Re: Installation of Context (on MikTeX)
@ 2000-11-01  9:04 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-01  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:46 PM 10/31/00 +0100, michou@cnrs-orleans.fr wrote:
> TeXExec 2.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000

Adding the path to the ini file should work ok. But, can you try a newer
texexec (version 2.3 now)

can be fetched from our site or a mirror. [you may try the beta]

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Installation of Context (on MikTeX)
@ 2000-11-02 17:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-02 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, darnold

At 05:17 PM 11/2/00 +0100, michou@cnrs-orleans.fr wrote:

>is no double quotes around it. In the MikTeX distribution it seems that the

There are miktex users on this list that havea running context without
quotes. David, can you M your latest ini file plus env var settings? There
have been recent changes to miktex with regards to config files and so.

>! End of file on the terminal... why?òÊ???ù­9t_?é³?´b?????: not found
>òÊ???ù­9t_?é³?´b?????: not found
>9t_?é³?´b?????: not found
>9t_?é³?´b?????: not found
>é³?: not found
>é³?: not found

I wonder what this rubish: not found is.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Installation of Context (on MikTeX)
@ 2000-11-02 16:17 michou
From: michou @ 2000-11-02 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Adding the path to the ini file should work ok. But, can you try a newer
>texexec (version 2.3 now)

I tried with the last beta version, but the problem is still the same.
Perhaps
there is something wrong with my ini file.
The format file is found but it appears that when it is passed to pdftex,
there
is no double quotes around it. In the MikTeX distribution it seems that the
format passed to pdftex has to be enclosed around quotes. When I try the
command :
        pdftex    "&d:\\cont-en.fmt" test.tex
 then I get a correct test.dvi file. But no pdf file. (The output is at the
end)

Is there a way to  automaticly put quotes as above with texexec ? Could
that be the problem ?

Yanick Michou
---------------------------------------
> D:\texmf\context\perltk>texexec --format="d:\\cont-en.fmt" --verbose
test.tex

TeXExec 2.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000

     locating ini file : kpsewhich not found in path
     locating ini file : found by searching
               reading : .\texexec.ini
            executable : pdftex
                format : d:\\cont-en.fmt
             inputfile : test

pdftex    &d:\\cont-en.fmt test

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14e-released-20000217 (MiKTeX 1.20e
(Snapshot build 187))
**
! End of file on the terminal... why?òÊ???ù­9t_?é³?´b?????: not found
òÊ???ù­9t_?é³?´b?????: not found
9t_?é³?´b?????: not found
9t_?é³?´b?????: not found
é³?: not found
é³?: not found

              run time : 0 seconds

D:\texmf\context\perltk>pdftex "&d:/cont-en" test.tex
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14e-released-20000217 (MiKTeX 1.20e
(Snapshot bu
ild 187))
(test.tex{pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2000.10.3  fmt: 2000.11.2  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
system         : cont-new loaded
(d:\texmf\tex\context\base\cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(d:\texmf\tex\context\base\cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(d:\texmf\tex\context\base\cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2-en-2 2-uk-2 2-de-2 2-fr-2 2-sp-2 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
systems        : begin file test at line 1
[1.1]
systems        : end file test at line 3
 )
Output written on test.dvi (1 page, 428 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.

D:\texmf\context\perltk>