* ConTeXt way of putting something on an --->
@ 2000-11-09 12:18 Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-11-09 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

what is the best (and contextual) way of putting symbols or words onto
(a) arrows (->, <->, => etc) and (b) on equal signs (:=, = etc.).

Tobias
--
This above all: To thine own self be true / And it must follow as the
night

* Re: ConTeXt way of putting something on an --->
@ 2000-11-09 13:36 ` Taco Hoekwater
       [not found]   ` <Pine.BSF.4.10.10011091523330.50095-100000@ringo.physik.fu- berlin.de>
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2000-11-09 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

Tobias Burnus wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what is the best (and contextual) way of putting symbols or words onto
> (a) arrows (->, <->, => etc) and (b) on equal signs (:=, = etc.).

The math module defines \overset and \underset as in amstex, as well as
\under....arrow and \over....arrow. If you don't want to use that, stick
with plain tex solutions.

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: ConTeXt way of putting something on an --->
@ 2000-11-09 14:24   ` Tobias Burnus
       [not found]   ` <Pine.BSF.4.10.10011091523330.50095-100000@ringo.physik.fu- berlin.de>
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-11-09 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

Hi Taco,

> The math module defines \overset and \underset as in amstex, as well as
> \under....arrow and \over....arrow. If you don't want to use that, stick
> with plain tex solutions.
I have to admitt that I forgot the module. I would like to see it moved
into the main distribution...

Tobias

@ 2000-11-09 15:36     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-09 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG-ConTeXt

At 03:24 PM 11/9/00 +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:

>> The math module defines \overset and \underset as in amstex, as well as
>> \under....arrow and \over....arrow. If you don't want to use that, stick
>> with plain tex solutions.
>I have to admitt that I forgot the module. I would like to see it moved
>into the main distribution...

Sure, next on the to do list, but it needs a bit of clean up due to some
conflicts with existing code. Taco and I will do that asap.
[i first have to finish some complicated multi column macros]

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE