From: Pierre Goossens <pierre.goossens@wxs.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Metapost samples
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 23:43:21 +0100	[thread overview]

At 11:34 20-11-00 +0000, you wrote:
>David Arnold (darnold@northcoast.com) wrote:
>
>: Here's a nice round of simple graphics in Metapost that I used on my calc
>: review sheet for an upcoming exam.
>
>[snip]
>
>I tried to run it through mpost on my machine but
>that didn't work. Am I right to assume that it
>requires some ConTeXt built-ins? If so, can they
>be isolated from the ConTeXt distribution?
>
>Regards,
>

>Marc

Hello Marc,

Because that was also the case with me (the not-working part) I made
separate files for every figure in the original pretest.mp file.
It turns out that the figures 1, 2, 7, 9 and 10 suffer the same symptoms.
This is what my MikTeX logging has to say about it:

-----------------
This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (MiKTeX 1.20e) (preloaded mem=plain
2000.9.9)  20 NOV 2000 23:15
**mp1
(mp1.mp (C:\texmf\metapost\context\mp-tool.mp)
>> anglebetween
! Improper `addto'.
<to be read again>
                   withpen
draw->...PR0)else:doublepath(EXPR0)withpen
                                          .currentpen.fi._op_
<to be read again>
                   (
l.31 draw anglebetween(
                       (0,0)--(3u,0),(0,0)--(0,4u),"");
? h
This expression should have specified a known path.
So I'll not change anything just now.

? x

The 'known path' part returns in all said figures. I haven't looked into
this further as I am still ploughing through the metafun-p.pdf . A very
readable manual by the way.

Succes,

Pierre