* Metafun macros & Jump buttons
@ 2000-11-24 20:34 Johannes H?sing
From: Johannes H?sing @ 2000-11-24 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

two questions:

Which version provides the Metafun macros like \setMPtext and \MPstring?
I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2000.3.13  fmt: 2000.11.9  int: english  mes: english

I would like to set up buttons that jump back to the beginning of the current
section or forward to the beginning of the next section. I haven't found
any of them in the ConTeXt handboek. Is there a way to define these buttons?

Greetings

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing <hannes@ruhrau.de>

* Re: Metafun macros & Jump buttons
@ 2000-11-26 20:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-11-26 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:34 PM 11/24/00 +0100, Johannes H?sing wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>two questions:
>
>Which version provides the Metafun macros like \setMPtext and \MPstring?
>I am using ConTeXt  ver: 2000.3.13  fmt: 2000.11.9  int: english  mes:
english

You need a more recent version, since some mp support is rather new. Fetch
the beta.

>I would like to set up buttons that jump back to the beginning of the
current
>section or forward to the beginning of the next section. I haven't found
>any of them in the ConTeXt handboek. Is there a way to define these buttons?

Hm. I think the best way it to automatically generate the refs which is
core stuff, so i should put it on the todo list.

What you can do is the following:

  \setuppagenumbering[way=bychapter,state=start]

and then use buttons like:

  \button{next section}[lastsubpage,NextPage]

which means as much as "goto the last page of the current subrange and then
let the viewer go to the next page". This is a nice example of chained
refs. Another solution is (untested):

\scratchcounter=\realpageno
\advance\scratchcounter by \lastsubpage
\advance\scratchcounter by -\subpageno
\edef\ThePageToGoto{\the\scratchcounter}

or

\setcounter\ThePageToGoto\realpageno
\increment(\ThePageToGoto,\lastsubpage)
\decrement(\ThePageToGoto,\subpageno)

and, given that this pagenumber is ok:

\goto{next section}[page(\ThePageToGoto)]

Yet another way is, (it would be implemented low level that way) :

for each section call:

\definereference[nextsection][... calculated page ...]

and then one could use:

\goto{next section}[nextsection]

This is the way linked tables of contents are implemented.

Actually, a nice solution would be:

\goto{next section}[afterlastsubpage]

which i can implement quite easily in a few lines of code if really needed.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE