* multipage tables
@ 2000-12-24 13:28 Balazs Nagy
From: Balazs Nagy @ 2000-12-24 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Is there a way to make a table which length needs to split between pages?
--
Nagy Balazs, LSC
http://www.lsc.hu/

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2000-12-27  8:34 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-12-27  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt list

At 02:28 PM 12/24/00 +0100, Balazs Nagy wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to make a table which length needs to split between pages?

\starttabulate ... \stoptabulate does that by default, for tables there is
\starttables ... \stoptables

There are probably some examples in the mail archive,

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2000-12-28 13:31   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-12-28 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> >Is there a way to make a table which length needs to split between pages?
>
> \starttabulate ... \stoptabulate does that by default, for tables there is
> \starttables ... \stoptables

As I had a similar problem, you suggested to use splitfloat.

Happy new year! (My last mail for this one)

Grüßlis vom Hraban!

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2000-12-28 16:26     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-12-28 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:31 PM 12/28/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hans Hagen wrote:
>> >Is there a way to make a table which length needs to split between pages?
>>
>> \starttabulate ... \stoptabulate does that by default, for tables there is
>> \starttables ... \stoptables
>
>As I had a similar problem, you suggested to use splitfloat.

Right, you should use that one in combination with the above when you want
numbered parts. I still have to improve that macro btw.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2006-10-19  7:42                       ` Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2006-10-19  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 10:14:58PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:

> \scripts\context\stubs\unix|mswin

They are there.

Now I have tried to install locally as written in
wiki.contextgarden.net/Debian_installation

But at the end my system finds only the old version.

/etc/texmf/texmf.d/45TeXinputs.cnf is edited
update-texmf is executed.

I am a little helpless.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Kugler
Psychotherapeut

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2006-10-18 20:14                     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-10-18 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerhard Kugler wrote:

> I don't know stubs.
>
> Now, where can I install to with which script?

\scripts\context\stubs\unix|mswin

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2006-10-18 14:03                   ` Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2006-10-18 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Hans,

in the point of installing upon a given distribution I am a DAU.

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 10:02:40PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:

> updating context is not that much related to debian;
>
> - make sure that you have the latest latin modern fonts installed (can
> be fetched from ctan)

I have downloaded a complete directory of lm with ec-lmb10.tfm etc
from tug.ctan.org.

> - then unzip the context zip in some local tree

I have downloaded cont-tmf.zip and unzipped it to dirs from bibtex to
web2c.

@ 2006-10-16 20:02                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-10-16 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerhard Kugler wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:47:45AM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>

>> You should download the latest stable version from pragma.
>>

> In my private system I now have apgraded to Debian Etch. I hope it is
> sufficient. I'm hesitating to upgrade in my office because Debian Etch
> is in an unstable stage. I am not used to upgrade single packages
> besides the system.

updating context is not that much related to debian;

- make sure that you have the latest latin modern fonts installed (can
be fetched from ctan)
- then unzip the context zip in some local tree
- make sure that the stubs are ok (there are stubs in the zip)

the only debian specific thing (i guess) is the pdftex binary and
context should adapt to that automatically

>> If you want a repeated header on every page try to put
>>  \setuptables[split=repeat]
>> into your document.
>>
>> With new versions from ConTeXt you do no longer the
>>   \starttables ... \stoptables
>> command.
>>

> Where are the definitions of the columns and their width in this case?
> Is there a brief docu and an example of this version of tables?

often in the file (in this case core-tab) ; you can still use the plural
commands, but splitting is no longer dependent on them

>> Hans changed it to control table splitting completely with split-option
>> in \setuptables and makes to let the normal  \starttable-environment
>> split when neccessary.
>>

> Is there no longer a starttables but simply a starttable
> initialisation?

similar key/val's  in setuptables|setuptabulate|setupTABLE
> And a last question: Why is there a \start - \stop in the example at the
> Wiki side?

because someone needs to edit it -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2006-10-16  8:03               ` Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2006-10-16  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-10-11  8:47             ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2006-10-11  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

2006/10/11, Gerhard Kugler <praxis@psychotherapie-kugler.de>:

> On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 07:21:54PM +0100, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> >
> > I ran it here (ver: 2006.10.05).  With just \placetable[here], it
> > doesn't split.  With \placetable[here,split], it splits it into two
> > parts with Table 1.a on one page and Table 1.b on the other page.
>
> With my version (of Debian sarge) this option (split) has no
> influence. I get one page.
>
> I guess I must install a new version of ConteXt (texexec). Till now I
> install all my software with apt-get. Do I have to install texexec
> directly now?
>

> > The "Obertext zum Ganzen" is only on the first page, which is what the
> > .tex code should do (but maybe you wanted it repeated at the top of
> > each split page?).
>
> It is not necessary to repeat this row on each page. But here it is
> repeated automatically at the buttom margin (see appendix). My
> dvi-file is created with the split option.
>
> Gerhard
>
> --
> Gerhard Kugler
> Psychotherapeut
> Bensheim (Germany)
> http://www.psychotherapie-kugler.de

Hi Gerhard,

I looked into your log file and it shows

  ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.31  fmt: 2006.1.23  int: english  mes: english

It's an ancient ConTeXt version, you need to uprade your ConTeXt version
first to get a splittet table.

You should download the latest stable version from pragma.

If you want a repeated header on every page try to put
  \setuptables[split=repeat]
into your document.

With new versions from ConTeXt you do no longer the
   \starttables ... \stoptables
command.

Hans changed it to control table splitting completely with split-option
in \setuptables and makes to let the normal  \starttable-environment
split when neccessary.

You should look at the wiki how to upgrade your TeX-distribution.
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Debian_installation

Wolfgang

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2006-10-11  7:19           ` Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2006-10-11  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 07:21:54PM +0100, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:

> I ran it here (ver: 2006.10.05).  With just \placetable[here], it
> doesn't split.  With \placetable[here,split], it splits it into two
> parts with Table 1.a on one page and Table 1.b on the other page.

With my version (of Debian sarge) this option (split) has no
influence. I get one page.

I guess I must install a new version of ConteXt (texexec). Till now I
install all my software with apt-get. Do I have to install texexec
directly now?

> The "Obertext zum Ganzen" is only on the first page, which is what the
> .tex code should do (but maybe you wanted it repeated at the top of
> each split page?).

It is not necessary to repeat this row on each page. But here it is
repeated automatically at the buttom margin (see appendix). My
dvi-file is created with the split option.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Kugler
Psychotherapeut
Bensheim (Germany)
http://www.psychotherapie-kugler.de

[-- Attachment #2: tables2.dvi --]
[-- Type: application/x-dvi, Size: 3668 bytes --]

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2006-10-10 18:21         ` Sanjoy Mahajan
From: Sanjoy Mahajan @ 2006-10-10 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I have at the moment no ConTeXt where I can test your example file
> but you should try to change the first line of your float from
>
>   \placetable[here]...

>   \placetable[here,split]...
>
> I hope it works for you and I also try to run your file till tomorrow.

I ran it here (ver: 2006.10.05).  With just \placetable[here], it
doesn't split.  With \placetable[here,split], it splits it into two
parts with Table 1.a on one page and Table 1.b on the other page.

The "Obertext zum Ganzen" is only on the first page, which is what the
.tex code should do (but maybe you wanted it repeated at the top of
each split page?).

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2006-10-10 17:08       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2006-10-10 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-10-10 16:08     ` Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2006-10-10 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 04:58:33PM +0200, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> can you post a minimum example of your problem, because I can't find
> a solution only with your current describtion.

Hi Wolfgang,

I have modified the wiki-example only slightly in appendix 1.

Appendix 2 is the log-file.

Gerhard

--
Gerhard Kugler
Psychotherapeut
Bensheim (Germany)
http://www.psychotherapie-kugler.de

[-- Attachment #2: tables2.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 2231 bytes --]

\starttext

\placetable[here][tab:sample]{sample table}{\start
\starttablehead
\HL
\NC \TWO Obertext zum Ganzen	\NC\SR
\HL
\stoptablehead
\starttabletail
\HL
\stoptabletail
\starttables[|p(0.2\textwidth)|p(0.75\textwidth)|]
\NC Text1	\NC Text1a	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{HL}	\NC horizontal line	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{VL}	\NC vertical line	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{NR}	\NC next row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\NC \tex{SR}	\NC single row	\NC\FR
\NC \tex{FR}	\NC first row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{MR}	\NC middle row	\NC\MR
\NC \tex{LR}	\NC last row	\NC\LR
\HL
\stoptables
\stop}

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: tables2.log --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 2398 bytes --]

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-1.10b-2.1 (Web2C 7.4.5) (format=cont-en 2006.1.23)  10 OCT 2006 18:03
entering extended mode
**&cont-en tables2.tex
(./tables2.tex{/usr/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2003.1.31  fmt: 2006.1.23  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
<protectionstate 0>
system         : cont-new loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
system (E-TEX) : [line 726] \ifcsname
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2:2-en-2 4:2-de-2 5:2-fr-2 6:2-es-2 7:2-it-2 8:2-nl-2
 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
\openout2 = `tables2.tui'.

system         : tables2.top loaded
(./tables2.top)
\openout0 = `mpgraph.mp'.

\openout0 = `mprun.mp'.

\openout0 = `mpgraph.mp'.

\openout0 = `mprun.mp'.

pdftex         : needs map file: original-context-symbol.map
pdftex         : needs map file: pl0-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-vogel-symbol.map
(./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo)
(./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo)
(./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo) (./tables2.tuo)
systems        : begin file tables2 at line 1
TABLE          : skipping \HL
TABLE          : \MR changed into \LR
TABLE          : change \MR into \LR/\SR
TABLE          : change \LR into \FR/\SR
TABLE          : skipping \HL
floatblocks    : 1 limited
floatblocks    : 1 placed
[1.1]
systems        : end file tables2 at line 86
 )
Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
 347 strings out of 68101
 4871 string characters out of 753943
 4388269 words of memory out of 5504175
 30091 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
 10453 words of font info for 35 fonts, out of 500000 for 1000
 54 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
 44i,17n,48p,125b,632s stack positions out of 1500i,500n,5000p,200000b,5000s
 0 PDF objects out of 300000
 0 named destinations out of 131072
 0 words of extra memory for PDF output out of 65536

Output written on tables2.dvi (1 page, 3668 bytes).

* Re: multipage tables
@ 2006-10-10 14:58   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2006-10-10 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

2006/10/10, Gerhard Kugler <praxis@psychotherapie-kugler.de>:

> Another try:
>
> If I expand the example of tables in wiki.contextgarden.net/Tables
> beyond one page, there is no pagebreak, but the table continues at the
> bottom.
>
> Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,

@ 2006-10-10 12:22 ` Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2006-10-10 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-10-09  9:51 Gerhard Kugler
From: Gerhard Kugler @ 2006-10-09  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I must set two-page tables. The top row contains headings for the
columns 2 to 4. The left column contains the hours of the day (01:00,
02:00 ... 24:00). The overall width is textwidth.

Which sort of tables is siutable for this purpose?

So far my endeavours deliver many errors.

Gerhard