* Re: Projects and cont-eni.pdf
       [not found] <3.0.5.32.20010115191605.00b54b50@mail.northcoast.com>
@ 2001-01-16 19:27 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-01-16 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:16 PM 1/15/01 -0800, David Arnold wrote:

>What I'd like to focus on are the two commands in the component, namely
> \project documents
> \product teacher
>
>This inclusion would seem to indicate that they are required in order for
>the structure to work properly. However, a completely contradictory example
>is given on page 22 of cont-eni.pdf, where the component,
>
>\startcomponent first
>\part{One}
>\completecontent
>\chapter{First}
>..... text .....
>\chapter{Second}
>..... text .....
>\completeindex
>\stopcomponent
>
>fails to use the \project demo and \product example commands. Which is
>correct?

The project and product options enables context to resolve used environments.

>Here is why I raise this issue. I have:
>
>\startproject CollegeAlgebraTexT
>\environment layout
>\startfrontmatter
> \completecontent
>\stopfrontmatter
>\startbodymatter
> \product chapter1
>\startbodymatter
>\startbackmatter
> \completeindex
>\stopbackmatter
>\stopproject

No, This is a product!

\startproject DavidsBooks

\environment layout  % shared

\product CollegeAlgebraText
\product CollegeSomethingText

\stopproject

>\startproduct Chapter1
>\project CollegeAlgebra
>\chapter{Introduction to Functions}
> \component section1
> \component section2
>\stopproduct

So this is :

\startproduct CollegaAlgebraText
\environment book % additional stuff
\component section1

Then, you sections, chapters etc can be components!

just one project -> multiple prod -> multiple comps -> multiple comps ->
multriple envs      multiple envs    multiple envs     multiple envs

Then you can run components and products, running a project does not make
sense.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-01-16 19:27 UTC | newest]