* (newbie) PDF image does not get included properly
@ 2001-01-25 21:35 Wouter Verheijen
From: Wouter Verheijen @ 2001-01-25 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I am still puzzled about converting images to PDF files, as needed by
context. Say I got a .JPG-image.
There are several programs to convert this, e.g. convert from
ImageMagick.
When I convert directly to a PDF it creates a whole page for one
image. So I convert to EPS.
Then, using texutil --figures --epstopdf, I create the PDF.
The PDF-image looks fine when I show it in xpdf or Acrobat Reader.

But, when I include run context on a document containing this image
(using \useexternalfigure), it is a black image with some white
contours of the original figure, completely messed up.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your help.

(I can send you the image if you want)
--
Wouter Verheijen 			<wouter.verheijen@worldmail.nl>

* Re: (newbie) PDF image does not get included properly
@ 2001-01-26  7:53 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-01-26  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:35 PM 1/25/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I am still puzzled about converting images to PDF files, as needed by
>context. Say I got a .JPG-image.
>There are several programs to convert this, e.g. convert from
>ImageMagick.
>When I convert directly to a PDF it creates a whole page for one
>image. So I convert to EPS.
>Then, using texutil --figures --epstopdf, I create the PDF.
>The PDF-image looks fine when I show it in xpdf or Acrobat Reader.
>
>But, when I include run context on a document containing this image
>(using \useexternalfigure), it is a black image with some white
>contours of the original figure, completely messed up.
>
>Am I doing something wrong?
>Thanks for your help.

If you have

  yourfig.pdf
  yourfig.png
  yourfig.jpg

and say

  \externalfigure[yourfig]

context will take the pdf. If not there, it will take the png, otherwise
the jpg, otherwise search further and/or complain.

You can force a format by saying:

  \externalfigure[yourfig.jpg]

Conversion from png / jpg to pdf:

  texexec --fig=c --pdf yourfig.png