* More fonts
@ 2001-01-26 19:30 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2001-01-26 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, I have a couple of font questions.

(1) how do I tell ConTeXt that I want to use the AMS font family too? More in
general, how do I tell ConTeXt to load a font module?

(2) it would be nice if texexec-ing a module to obtain a documentation would
give a sample of the font/symbols defined in the module.

(3) in the enco-fro module (Romanian font switches) I've seen that  you define
some compound characters; noticeably, the "s, "t, "S and "T are mapped to the
correspective "cedilla" chars; I'm not the right person to discuss this, but
IIRC in Romania they use a comma under thos letters, and not a cedilla; again, I
don't know of a "comma below" TeX accent ... can somebody clarify this to me,
please?

Thanks for your attention,

Giuseppe Bilotta

* Re: More fonts
@ 2001-01-28 19:06 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-01-28 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 08:30 PM 1/26/01 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>Hello, I have a couple of font questions.
>
>(1) how do I tell ConTeXt that I want to use the AMS font family too? More in
>general, how do I tell ConTeXt to load a font module?

Some fonts are predefined in font-* modules. These can be loaded with

\setupbodyfont[ams]

local defs (often document dependent) can best go into document environment
files.

>(2) it would be nice if texexec-ing a module to obtain a documentation would
>give a sample of the font/symbols defined in the module.

Most mechanism's can show you fonts and encodings, just search for \show...
commands.

>(3) in the enco-fro module (Romanian font switches) I've seen that  you
define
>some compound characters; noticeably, the "s, "t, "S and "T are mapped to the
>correspective "cedilla" chars; I'm not the right person to discuss this, but
>IIRC in Romania they use a comma under thos letters, and not a cedilla;
again, I
>don't know of a "comma below" TeX accent ... can somebody clarify this to me,
>please?

Unless there are real glyphs, you need to fall back on hacks. In the new
encoding files, you will find named glyphs and fallback methods.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl