* Re: left.tex won't include left.mp
       [not found] <4.3.2.7.0.20010202135053.01eac328@mail.northcoast.com>
@ 2001-02-04 18:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-04 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:55 PM 2/2/01 -0800, David Arnold wrote:
>Hans,
>
>The file left.tex uses a picture of the Riemann sum.  Strangely enough, if
>the external figure is named left.1, it is not included in the pdf
>file.  But, if we rename the figure myleft.1 it is included in the pdf file.

You got me for a moment .... but: figure with the same name as jobname are
not handled; this is because it can introduce loops [think of incluidng
left.pdf into left.tex that itself becomes an left.pdf] Here we always give
figs a nice prefix, like f-left so that we can also 'dir' them comfortable.

So, it's a feature -)

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: left.tex won't include left.mp
@ 2001-02-05 16:30   ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2001-02-05 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> At 01:55 PM 2/2/01 -0800, David Arnold wrote:
> >Hans,
> >
> >The file left.tex uses a picture of the Riemann sum.  Strangely enough, if
> >the external figure is named left.1, it is not included in the pdf
> >file.  But, if we rename the figure myleft.1 it is included in the pdf file.
>
> You got me for a moment .... but: figure with the same name as jobname are
> not handled; this is because it can introduce loops [think of incluidng
> left.pdf into left.tex that itself becomes an left.pdf] Here we always give
> figs a nice prefix, like f-left so that we can also 'dir' them comfortable.
>
> So, it's a feature -)

Wow, I didn't know that -- or if I did, I forgot it.  I guess context
documentation should be sure to impress upon the user that they should
avoid having figures with the same base name as their document.

--
--Ed Cashin                    integrit file verification system
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu          http://integrit.sourceforge.net/

* Re: left.tex won't include left.mp
@ 2001-02-05 17:11     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-05 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:30 AM 2/5/01 -0500, Ed L Cashin wrote:
>Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:
>
>> At 01:55 PM 2/2/01 -0800, David Arnold wrote:
>> >Hans,
>> >
>> >The file left.tex uses a picture of the Riemann sum.  Strangely enough,
if
>> >the external figure is named left.1, it is not included in the pdf
>> >file.  But, if we rename the figure myleft.1 it is included in the pdf
file.

>> You got me for a moment .... but: figure with the same name as jobname are
>> not handled; this is because it can introduce loops [think of incluidng
>> left.pdf into left.tex that itself becomes an left.pdf] Here we always give
>> figs a nice prefix, like f-left so that we can also 'dir' them
comfortable.

>> So, it's a feature -)
>
>Wow, I didn't know that -- or if I did, I forgot it.  I guess context

oh, then so far you never fell into the trap -)

>documentation should be sure to impress upon the user that they should
>avoid having figures with the same base name as their document.

Well, i added this quite some time ago when i found out that having figure
names matching the jobname can be very dangerous (esp for your picture). I
can be more liberal some day [say only pdf als eps/ps or so], but for the
moment it's for all suffixes.