* how to: doublesided component but no empty pages
@ 2001-02-16 15:46 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2001-02-16 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Hans, hello all,

is it possible to use components in a document with doublesided layout,
without forcing each component to start at an odd page?

I am making a journal and have all articles organized as components -- that
helps setting each article and then combining all in one journal.  The
titlepage and the last page are components as well.  So I don't want to
have an empty page after the title- and backpage ...

Is this possible with components?  Is this a proper use of components, or
shall I use another structure?

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: how to: doublesided component but no empty pages
@ 2001-02-16 16:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-16 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 04:46 PM 2/16/01 +0100, Uwe Koloska wrote:
>Hello Hans, hello all,
>
>is it possible to use components in a document with doublesided layout,
>without forcing each component to start at an odd page?
>
>I am making a journal and have all articles organized as components -- that
>helps setting each article and then combining all in one journal.  The
>titlepage and the last page are components as well.  So I don't want to
>have an empty page after the title- and backpage ...

In what sense components? You can set up chapter etc titles to start on any
page:

\setupsection[chapter][page=yes] % right = default

>Is this possible with components?  Is this a proper use of components, or
>shall I use another structure?

if you use sectionblocks, you can also set the page key there.

if you use standardmakeup, you can pass key/value pairs concerning page and
doublesided, see qrc.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl