From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: "ConTeXt" <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Subject: Re: My ideas for tooltips
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:35:52 +0100	[thread overview]

At 11:48 PM 2/19/01 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>> >Ouch! I hate preferences :-)
>>
>> Well, taco is a special case, a special user, gets special treatment, etc.
>> Such is life for the early adopters who've read the whole source. -)
>
>I'm doing a lot of advertisement to ConTeXt, both in and out of the TeX
>community, since ConTeXt is the format best suited for non-scientific
>documents (the other are too technically related). Does this make me
>elegible to preferred updates? :-)

Well, in many cases the beta is the latest, and i normally update the bate
every couple of days. Versions that taco and i exchange in the meantime
always concern tricky things that we neede to test for interference [i know
the context source kin dof by head and taco can run tex the program in his
head]. So, normally users are not that out of sync. [esp not when one
regularly updates beta's]

There was a time that beta's were more private and when we move to cvs like
things, they will be moving targets.

Sometimes macros are developped in the cause of a project, in which case
they can go public after a while, but not in the process of development.

Also, some experimental code only makes sense to certain users, like
specific unicode things that are tested with wang lei who uses them.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl