* take \dots from the actual font
@ 2001-02-22 23:42 Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2001-02-22 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

since texnansi encoding has ellipsis included, I want to redefine the
meaning of the plainTeX macro \dots to give this real glyph from the actual
font.  Because if the font is different from cmr it looks very funny to see
these ellipsis from cmr next to this totally different characters ...

It's at position 133 in texnansi encoding.  So I tried
  \startencoding[texnansi]
    \definecharacter dots 133
  \stopencoding
both in the working file and in enco-ans (with rebuilding the format).
There is the normal dots from cmr.

Now -- as a quick hack -- I use
  \def\dots{\char133}
but since this assumes that all text is output in texnansi it is a bad
solution.

How can we integrate this glyph (and some others -- the actual texnansi has
the euro currency sign at position 1) into texnansi encoding?

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: take \dots from the actual font
@ 2001-02-23 10:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-02-23 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:42 AM 2/23/01 +0100, Uwe Koloska wrote:
>Hello,
>
>since texnansi encoding has ellipsis included, I want to redefine the
>meaning of the plainTeX macro \dots to give this real glyph from the actual
>font.  Because if the font is different from cmr it looks very funny to see
>these ellipsis from cmr next to this totally different characters ...
>
>It's at position 133 in texnansi encoding.  So I tried
>  \startencoding[texnansi]
>    \definecharacter dots 133
>  \stopencoding
>both in the working file and in enco-ans (with rebuilding the format).
>There is the normal dots from cmr.
>
>Now -- as a quick hack -- I use
>  \def\dots{\char133}
>but since this assumes that all text is output in texnansi it is a bad
>solution.
>
>How can we integrate this glyph (and some others -- the actual texnansi has
>the euro currency sign at position 1) into texnansi encoding?

If you can wait a cople of weeks, it can be added to the named glyph
collection.

Hans

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl