* Captions on subfigures
@ 2001-03-03  6:27 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2001-03-03  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans et al,

Consider:

\placefigure
[here][fig1]
{}
\startcombination
{\externalfigure[fig.1]}{a) Short caption}
{\externalfigure[fig.1]}{a) Things don't look so good with longer captions}
\stopcombination

This construct gives me side-by-side figures, which I presized to have
width 2in. Short captions get centered and look OK, but longer captions are
also centered and don't look so good.

What kind of options do we have for alignment of these captions?

* Re: Captions on subfigures
@ 2001-03-04 23:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-03-04 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:27 PM 3/2/01 -0800, David Arnold wrote:
>Hans et al,
>
>Consider:
>
>\placefigure
>[here][fig1]
>{}
>\startcombination
>{\externalfigure[fig.1]}{a) Short caption}
>{\externalfigure[fig.1]}{a) Things don't look so good with longer captions}
>\stopcombination
>
>This construct gives me side-by-side figures, which I presized to have
>width 2in. Short captions get centered and look OK, but longer captions are
>also centered and don't look so good.
>
>What kind of options do we have for alignment of these captions?

\starttext

\startbuffer
\startcombination
  {\externalfigure[fig.1]} {\sym{a} Short caption}
  {\externalfigure[fig.1]} {\setupalign[normal]\sym{b} Things don't
                            look so good with longer captions\par}
\stopcombination
\stopbuffer

\placefigure[here][fig1]{}{\getbuffer}

\stoptext

I guess that we need something that automatically decides this. Will be
done later, when i isolate the figure stuff in a module.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl