* A new metafont (beta test)
@ 2001-03-03 23:34 Taco Hoekwater
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2001-03-03 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I just uploaded

	http://www.elvenkind.com/~taco/elogo/elogo.zip

This zip contains the metafont source for the 'elogo' font.

Elogo is an extension of the normal Metafont logo font, roughly
covering 7bit TeX encoding. The font isCaps/Small caps, with
the lowercase letters identical to the ones in mflogo (where
applicable).

The encoding is much like TeX Typewriter, with the following
exceptions:

- there is no 'visible space' (nor will there be)
- there is no underscore character
  (just discovered I forgot it, place is used for dot accent)
- there is a Double Acute/Hungarian umlaut at position 6
- there should have been an ogonek at position 7
  (I picked the wrong location for invquestion :-))
- No greek, these locations are used for various accents
- no F ligatures (would have been pointless)

Other noteworthy things:

- The -- ligature doubles as minus sign
- Much like the original, this font is quite broad
- italic corrections are added to nearly all characters
- the italic correction for "t" has been adjusted
- all numbers/+/--/* etc. have the same width
- I may yet do an EC version, but only if there are enough
  people are interested in it.

Characters I personally don't like much: "&" (very hard to come
up with a good shape that fits in), "$" (perhaps one bar would be
better), "3" (plain ugly), "AE", "OE" (these don't scale well,
the lowercase versions are much better), "invquest", "invexclam"
(maybe they need to move up to the baseline again).

Have fun, and let me know what you think:

	taco@elvenkind.com

Taco