* Conflicting 'index' with 'bottomtext'
@ 2001-03-11 20:47 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2001-03-11 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Finally (Yes Hans!) my bookbinding book is complete as far as the text is
concernd.

Now I pepared a screen version of this document. It contains also an index
of several pages. While througout the document the buttons, which are placed
in the \bottomtext environment are typeset correctly, they aren't in the
index.  On the full screens the bottomtext seems to be split into two
columns, which makes it necessary to hyphenate the button-texts.  The last
screen of the index is a couple of lines only, on this page the buttons are
placed correctly.

How can I prevent this?
As an attachment I provide you the relevant part of my layout-environment.

With the parameters chosen the screen width is not completely used. Which of
the variables have to be changed to force the document to use the maximum
width and height of the screen?

Greetings Willi

[-- Attachment #2: layout.tex --]

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%							%%
%%	Layout			     	%%
%%	         					%%
%%	by Willi Egger				%%
%%	filename: layout.tex		%%
%%	January 2001				%%
%%							%%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\startenvironment layout

\setupoutput[pdftex]

\mainlanguage[nl]
\language[nl]
\usemodule[units]

\setupreferencing[global=yes]

\setuppagenumber[state=start]

\startmode[paper]
	\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
	\setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided, 		location={header,marginedge}]
	\setupbodyfont
		[ber,ppl,11pt]

	% Layout setup
	\setuplayout
	  [header=20pt,
	   headerdistance=0.5cm,
	   backspace=1.7cm,
	   location=middle]
\stopmode

\startnotmode[paper]
	\setuppapersize[S6][S6]
	% Interactionscreen
	\setupinteractionscreen
	 	[option=max,
	 	 height=fit,
	 	 width=max]
	% Enable colors %
	\setupcolors[state=start]
		\definecolor[grey][r=.85,g=.85,b=.85]
		\definecolor[darkgreen][r=0,g=0.5,b=0]
	% Enable interaction
	\setupinteraction
		[state=start,
		 color=darkgreen]
	\setupbodyfont
		[ber,ppl,12pt]
	\setuppagenumbering[alternative=singlesided, 		location={footer,marginedge}]
	\setuplayout
  		[style={\switchtobodyfont[12pt]}]
	\setuplayout
  		[topspace=1.5cm,
  		margin=40pt,
   		header=18pt,
   		footer=15pt,
   		bottomdistance=0.5cm,
   		bottom=25pt] %,width=fit,height=fit]
	\setupwhitespace
  		[small]
	\setuptyping
  		[margin=standard]
	\setupbuttons
		[frame=off,
       	height=0.8cm,
      	width=0.10\textwidth]

	\def\InhoudButton%
  		{\button
     		{\tfxx Inhoud}[content]}

	\def\PreviousPageButton%
  		{\button
		{\tfxx $<--$}[PreviousPage]}

	\def\NextPageButton%
  		{\button
		{\tfxx $-->$}[NextPage]}

	\def\PreviousJumpButton%
  		{\button
		{\tfxx Terug}[PreviousJump]}

	\def\ExitButton%
  		{\button
		{\tfxx Verlaten}[CloseDocument]}

	\def\LastPageButton%
  		{\button
		{\tfxx Laatste}[LastPage]}

	% Define Background-button
	\def\BackgroundButton%
  		{\button
     		[backgroundoffset=.25cm,
      	frame=off,
      	height=\vsize,
      	width=\hsize]{}[NextPage]}

	% Bottom texts (interactive)
	\def\Klein%
		{\switchtobodyfont[10pt]}

	\setupbottomtexts
  	[{\Klein {\tfxx \copyright~W.Egger, 2001}}
  		\InhoudButton
	 	\hfill
	 	\PreviousPageButton
	 	\hfill
	 	\NextPageButton
	 	\hfill
	 	\PreviousJumpButton
	 	\hfill
	 	\LastPageButton
	 	\hfill
	 	\ExitButton][] %redundant

	\setuptexttexts
  		[\BackgroundButton]
  		[]
\stopnotmode

\stopenvironment

* Re: Conflicting 'index' with 'bottomtext'
@ 2001-03-12 10:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-03-12 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 09:47 PM 3/11/01 +0100, Willi Egger wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Finally (Yes Hans!) my bookbinding book is complete as far as the text is
>concernd.
>
>Now I pepared a screen version of this document. It contains also an index
>of several pages. While througout the document the buttons, which are placed
>in the \bottomtext environment are typeset correctly, they aren't in the
>index.  On the full screens the bottomtext seems to be split into two
>columns, which makes it necessary to hyphenate the button-texts.  The last
>screen of the index is a couple of lines only, on this page the buttons are
>placed correctly.
>
>How can I prevent this?
>As an attachment I provide you the relevant part of my layout-environment.
>
>With the parameters chosen the screen width is not completely used. Which of
>the variables have to be changed to force the document to use the maximum
>width and height of the screen?

You should put the buttons in a menu:

\setupmenu[bttom][state=start]

\startmenu[bottom]
\but [here] bla bla \\
\but [there] more bla \\
\stopmenu

[see s-pre-* for examples, search for menu)

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl