* Re: Asian characters in conTeXt?
       [not found] <3AAC88D9.ABD36479@nokia.com>
@ 2001-03-12 10:21 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-03-12 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 05:29 PM 3/12/01 +0900, Thomas Piekenbrock (NMP/Tokyo) wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I am a user of teTeX and pdfLaTeX. I found some short info
>about conTeXt. Is it possible to include Asian characters
>(Japanese and Chinese text) in conTeXt? I am currently using
>the CJK package by Werner Lemberg for this purpose.

yes, there is a chinese module (some preliminary docu at our site) that
permits you to mix things, wang lei is the one who steers this process; i
will post some extensions as soon as the encoding extensions are available
(needed for fancy chinese bookmarks and so).

>Another question: Does conTeXt allow defining size and
>shape of pages individually (i.e. first page textwidth
>of 16 cm, second page 12 cm, third page 14cm) independently
>of the written text? In LaTeX I found no way to do this.

will come soon (since i need it -)

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-03-12 10:21 UTC | newest]