From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Still no tooltips (was: Re: update and new manual)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:32:45 +0100	[thread overview]

At 01:19 AM 3/14/01 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

>HH> Formulas assume a \vbox so adding a \vbox around it
>HH> (\tooltip{..}{\vbox{....}} helps. Otherwise, use inlinemath.
>
>I will get a look at that.
>
>HH>  If tooltips
>HH> are really used i can consider a \definetooltip so that one can set 'm up
>HH> (width setting kind is of needed).
>
>HH> \definetooltip[bigtip][width=4cm]
>
>HH> or so. Is there any need for this?
>
>What do you mean "If tooltips are really used"? You mean you just put
>them there for FUN?

Most of context is there for fun -)

When i was making that module, someone asked for them, so i made them. I
will make 'm better soon [auto left,right align] and if i have a bit more
time i can cook up much more functionality (i have many experimental test
files scattered on my machine).

>The width thing is ok. Maybe a height thing too, don't know. The whole
>point of my code was to obtain a box with width more or less double
>the height. I don't know how much that was effective (had big problems
>with the math).

in tex, a vbox becomes of width hsize, and framed has a feature that
decomposes the whole thing and calculates the width needed, but math is
still a trouble maker in that. If i would add [align=normal] tooltips would
have width, but then, you don't want a tooltip to extend beyond the page.
This is why there is the help system, with stacked stuff to be placed
anywhere, see docu of flow charts, where it is mentioned.

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl