* Re: did you follow the aer thread?
       [not found] <01031212334504.00634@bilbo>
@ 2001-03-13  8:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-03-13  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:33 PM 3/12/01 +0100, Uwe Koloska wrote:
>Hello Hans,
>
>did you read the context mailing list thread
>  Problem with AER-Font : ß becomes SS
>it shows a problem with encoding.  Maybe with the new improved encoding /
>regime support this problem goes away.

I know of the (persistent) problem with SS etc. The first thing that you
must do in order to solve it, is to check the encoding files: how are those
glyphs named! If we can agree on the names, then mapping is more easy. This
is why named glyphs were introduced, to ease the communication, since i
lost track of all the numbers and symbols not showing up in my mailer -)

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: did you follow the aer thread?
@ 2001-03-14  0:34   ` Uwe Koloska
From: Uwe Koloska @ 2001-03-14  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Dienstag, 13. März 2001 09:02 hast du geschrieben:

> I know of the (persistent) problem with SS etc. The first thing that you
> must do in order to solve it, is to check the encoding files: how are
> those glyphs named! If we can agree on the names, then mapping is more
> easy. This is why named glyphs were introduced, to ease the
> communication, since i lost track of all the numbers and symbols not
> showing up in my mailer -)

Oh, it's not a problem with SS on the forehand.  The main problem is, that
every character that is mapped to a command from the input regime, can not
be inserted into a hyphenation exception!

So if the internal form of all characters outside the 7-bit ASCII range is
represented as a name, is it possible to include this characters into a
hyphenation exception?

I will test myself the next days.

Uwe

--
mailto:koloska@rcs.urz.tu-dresden.de
http://rcswww.urz.tu-dresden.de/~koloska/

* Re: did you follow the aer thread?
@ 2001-03-14 10:03     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-03-14 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:34 AM 3/14/01 +0100, Uwe Koloska wrote:
>Am Dienstag, 13. März 2001 09:02 hast du geschrieben:
>>
>> I know of the (persistent) problem with SS etc. The first thing that you
>> must do in order to solve it, is to check the encoding files: how are
>> those glyphs named! If we can agree on the names, then mapping is more
>> easy. This is why named glyphs were introduced, to ease the
>> communication, since i lost track of all the numbers and symbols not
>> showing up in my mailer -)
>
>Oh, it's not a problem with SS on the forehand.  The main problem is, that
>every character that is mapped to a command from the input regime, can not
>be inserted into a hyphenation exception!
>
>So if the internal form of all characters outside the 7-bit ASCII range is
>represented as a name, is it possible to include this characters into a
>hyphenation exception?

there are 8 bit patterns, otherwise, we can define a hyphenation mapper,
which just maps \SS to ss and alike .