* PSTricks vs. Metapost
@ 2001-05-07  6:09 Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2001-05-07  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: PSTricks vs. Metapost
@ 2001-05-07  8:38 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-07  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG ConTeXt

At 09:09 AM 5/7/01 +0300, Dan Seracu wrote:

>I recently discovered an interesting feature of PSTricks: the ability
>of putting blured shadows for almost anything (that is photo
>realistic shadow). I wonder if metapost  can do something like this.
>
>In pstricks it looks like (for example a charpath):
>
>\pscharpath[shadow=true, blur=true, blursteps=10]{Cucurigu for
>\c{a}striu.} % non sense text.

i must run an very old pstricks since \pscharpath is unknown; but anyhow,
maybe you can do this with the macros that handle outlines, see makempy.pdf
for more info and examples

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Raspuns: PSTricks vs. Metapost
@ 2001-05-07  9:37   ` Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2001-05-07  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG ConTeXt

>i must run an very old pstricks since \pscharpath is unknown; but anyhow,
>maybe you can do this with the macros that handle outlines, see makempy.pdf
>for more info and examples

Indeed, the blur is just in 1997 version. But it works with any shape in
psTricks. (charpath was just an example).

I will have a look at makempy.pdf

Dan Seracu