* PDF forms & co
@ 2001-05-23  5:35 Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2001-05-23  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all!

I have some questions regarding forms. First the "context": I am trying to
typeset a document with 2 pages: first page should be an input form (entries
for name, address etc) portrait, and the second page should be an envelope
(landscape) in which the values from the first page entries should be there.

1. Is it possible in ConTeXt to have some of the pages different from the
others (second page landscape or envelope, first page A4 portrait)?

2. Do I require some JavaScript for fulfilling the second page with values
taken from the first page form?

3. How can I use input encodings? (like in LaTeX:
\usepackage[latin2]{inputenc} --- that is for Eastern Europe)

Sincerely,

Dan Seracu

* Re: PDF forms & co
@ 2001-05-23  7:50 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-23  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG ConTeXt

At 08:35 AM 5/23/01 +0300, Dan Seracu wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>I have some questions regarding forms. First the "context": I am trying to
>typeset a document with 2 pages: first page should be an input form (entries
>for name, address etc) portrait, and the second page should be an envelope
>(landscape) in which the values from the first page entries should be there.
>
>1. Is it possible in ConTeXt to have some of the pages different from the
>others (second page landscape or envelope, first page A4 portrait)?

yes, just try:

\setuppapersize[A4][A4]           form    \page
\setuppapersize[monarch][monarch] envelop \page

>2. Do I require some JavaScript for fulfilling the second page with values
>taken from the first page form?

no, just clone [or copy] the fields fields [see up-to-date document for
more info on that]

>3. How can I use input encodings? (like in LaTeX:
>\usepackage[latin2]{inputenc} --- that is for Eastern Europe)

see beta font manual for more info,

\useregime[il2]

should do,

Hans

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Raspuns: PDF forms & co
@ 2001-05-23 10:36   ` Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2001-05-23 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG ConTeXt

Hi!
yes, just try:

\setuppapersize[A4][A4]           form    \page
\setuppapersize[monarch][monarch] envelop \page

no, just clone [or copy] the fields fields [see up-to-date document for
more info on that]

see beta font manual for more info,

\useregime[il2]

Ok, I browsed through the files and looks great. But I have some questions
(hope I do not bother much):

1. Can I change the font on the forms entities?

2. is there a comma accent?

3. Is there some documentation on the Web for the JavaScript on the PDF?

Dan Seracu

* Re: Raspuns: PDF forms & co
@ 2001-05-24 11:28     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-24 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG ConTeXt

At 01:36 PM 5/23/01 +0300, Dan Seracu wrote:

> Hi!
>yes, just  try:
>
>              \page
>\setuppapersize[monarch][monarch] envelop  \page
>
>no, just clone [or copy] the fields fields [see up-to-date document  for
>more info on that]
>
>see beta font manual for more  info,
>
>\useregime[il2]
> Ok, I browsed through the files and looks  great. But I have some
>questions (hope I do not bother much):

> 1. Can I change the font on theforms  entities?

Yes, just set the style and tt/ss/rm will follow, so

... style=\ss\bf, ...

should work well.

> 2. is there a comma accent?

What's that?

> 3. Is there some documentation on the Web for  the JavaScript on the PDF?

Yes, there is a manual at the adobe site [somewhere at a dev page] but i
must admit that it always takes me 15 minute to find my way at the site.
Search for:

   5186acrojs.pdf

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: PDF forms & co.
@ 2001-05-25 19:51 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-25 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG ConTeXt

At 10:32 AM 5/25/01 +0300, Dan Seracu wrote:
>Hello again again!
>
>PS. Can you send me an example of two linked fields (or a JScript that does
>the same thing), perhaps without the label (I want to typeset the label the
>way I want)?

\setupinteraction
  [state=start,
   openaction=ResetForm]

\setupcolors
  [state=start]

\setupfield
  [DefaultLine,LeftLine,MiddleLine,RightLine]
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=yellow,
   offset=2ex,
   height=7ex,
   width=.5\hsize,
  %option=printable,
   style=type]

\setupfield [LeftLine]   [align=left]
\setupfield [MiddleLine] [align=middle]
\setupfield [RightLine]  [align=right]

\definefield [MainMail] [line]       [DefaultLine] [me@here.there]

\clonefield  [MainMail] [LeftMail]   [LeftLine]
\clonefield  [MainMail] [MiddleMail] [MiddleLine]
\clonefield  [MainMail] [RightMail]  [RightLine]

\starttext

  \field [MainMail]    \vfill
  \field [LeftMail]    \vfill
  \field [MiddleMail]  \vfill
  \field [RightMail]

\stoptext

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: PDF Forms & co
@ 2001-05-25 16:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-25 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: NTG ConTeXt

At 10:29 AM 5/25/01 +0300, Dan Seracu wrote:
>Hello again!
>
>1. In Acrobat Reader5 when cloning a field (or copying) it generates an
>error.
>(even in uptodate document!). This is an error just for version 5?

can you check the perl patcher i mailed to the list, the one clening up
(On) into \On

>It seems that GhostView does not work with links.

well, it does work, but there when using page destinations, there is a one
page offset (0/1 problem); i submitted the bug years ago, as did tobias,
but it's still there

>2. In "classical" Romanian (that is old typographycal) there were no
>\scedilla, \tcedilla but there was a comma under the s or t. Is it possible
>in TeX to make such an accent? (let's say it commaaccent)

sure, take a look at the beta and peek into the enco files; if you want the
, instead of a cedilla, then we should define named glyphs and a specific
romanian classic encoding

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* PDF forms & co.
@ 2001-05-25  7:32 Dan Seracu
From: Dan Seracu @ 2001-05-25  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello again again!

PS. Can you send me an example of two linked fields (or a JScript that does
the same thing), perhaps without the label (I want to typeset the label the
way I want)?

Dan Seracu

* PDF Forms & co
@ 2001-05-25  7:29 Dan Seracu