* acrobat bug test file 2
@ 2001-05-30 14:36 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-30 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #2: acrobug2.pdf --]

                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Disableing printing of screen document
@ 2001-09-19  5:29 ` Tarik Kara
From: Tarik Kara @ 2001-09-19  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it possible to disable the printing of a document? If yes how?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tar{\i}k Kara

* Re: Disableing printing of screen document
@ 2001-09-20 20:16   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2001-09-20 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tarik Kara schrieb:
>Is it possible to disable the printing of a document? If yes how?

Encryption and access restrictions are nearly unique features of Adobe
Acrobat.
I saw an appropriate enhancement for GhostScript somewhere and tried it
but it didn't work on MacOS. Sorry, I didn't save the link, but look for
it at the GhostScript sites.

--
Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---

* Re: Disableing printing of screen document
@ 2001-09-21  7:10     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-09-21  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:16 PM 9/20/2001 +0200, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>Tarik Kara schrieb:
> >Is it possible to disable the printing of a document? If yes how?
>
>Encryption and access restrictions are nearly unique features of Adobe
>Acrobat.
>I saw an appropriate enhancement for GhostScript somewhere and tried it
>but it didn't work on MacOS. Sorry, I didn't save the link, but look for
>it at the GhostScript sites.

actually, there is a version of pdftex that can do it, but i did not test
it and since there is hard object content parsing involved (which actually
is not needed, but nevertheless) i don't like it that much; i stick ot the
official pdftex -)

it should not be that hard to build an optimizer on top of the xpdf
library, so if there are volunteers ...

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl