* Capitalization of synonyms
@ 2001-05-30 22:02 Peter Jander
From: Peter Jander @ 2001-05-30 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am using quite a number of abbreviations with the synonym
the first letter of the first word of the meaning e.g. to use it at the
start of a sentence. That is to get

Just some text

in the sample below. But use of \Cap or \Word or any of these
gives an error.

Any suggestions anybody?

Thanks,

Peter

\definesynonyms[abbreviation][abbreviations][\infull]

\abbreviation{sometext}{just some text}

\starttext

\infull{sometext}

\Word{\infull{sometext}}

\stoptext

* Re: Capitalization of synonyms
@ 2001-05-31  8:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-05-31  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:02 PM 5/30/01 GMT, Peter Jander wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am using quite a number of abbreviations with the synonym  mechanism in
>my text. It would sometimes be useful to capitalize  the first letter of
>the first word of the meaning e.g. to use it at the  start of a sentence.
>That is to get
>
>Just some text
>
>in the sample below. But use of \Cap or \Word or any of these  gives an
error.

>\definesynonyms[abbreviation][abbreviations][\infull]
>\abbreviation{sometext}{just some text}
>\starttext
>\infull{sometext}
>
>\Word{\infull{sometext}}
>\stoptext

First, patch this in cont-new.tex [after \unprotect]

\def\processsynonym#1#2#3%
  {\begingroup  % anders in mathmode lege \hbox, zie eenheden
   \ifsynonymmeaning
     \synonymmeaningfalse % moved outside {#3} to accept \Word etc
     \doattributes{\??sm#1}\c!synoniemletter\c!synoniemkleur{#3}%
   \else
     \explicithmode
     \doattributes{\??sm#1}\c!tekstletter\c!tekstkleur{#2}%
   \fi
   \endgroup}

\setupsynonyms[abbreviation][synonymstyle=\Word]

Hans
                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl