* Disabling Floats on certain pages
@ 2001-06-14 16:11 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2001-06-14 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Sometimes I want to prevent floats from appearing on a certain page
(like e.g. the title page). I now have a macro that seems to work, but
it is extremely ugly. Does anyone know of a cleaner way to do this
(besides testing if \beforefinaloutput really is empty)?

\def\nofloatsonthispage{%
   \gdef\beforefinaloutput{% for this page
     \global\nofloatpermittedtrue
     \gdef\beforefinaloutput{% for the next page
       \global\nofloatpermittedfalse
       \gdef\beforefinaloutput{}% for all following pages
    }%
}%

Greetings, Taco

* Re: Disabling Floats on certain pages
@ 2001-06-14 16:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-06-14 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 04:11 PM 6/14/01 +0000, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Sometimes I want to prevent floats from appearing on a certain page
>(like e.g. the title page). I now have a macro that seems to work, but
>it is extremely ugly. Does anyone know of a cleaner way to do this
>(besides testing if \beforefinaloutput really is empty)?
>
>\def\nofloatsonthispage{%
>   \gdef\beforefinaloutput{% for this page
>     \global\nofloatpermittedtrue
>     \gdef\beforefinaloutput{% for the next page
>       \global\nofloatpermittedfalse
>       \gdef\beforefinaloutput{}% for all following pages
>    }%
>}%

slightly cleaner is this:

\def\nofloatsonthispage%
  {\global\nofloatspermittedtrue
   \gdef\checkfloatpermissions{\global\nofloatspermittedfalse}}

\def\nofloatsonnextpage%
  {\global\let\checkfloatpermissions\nofloatsonthispage}

\appendtoks
  \checkfloatpermissions
  \global\let\checkfloatpermissions\relax
\to \aftereverypage