* PDF links wrong on Windows
@ 2012-06-21 12:35 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-06-21 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just finished a book project with MkIV vers. 2012.04.14 00:10.

When opening the PDF on Mac, all bookmarks link to the correct page.
when opening the PDF on Windows, all bookmarks link to a wrong page (page number plus one).

Is this a know issue?

Thanks, Steffen

* Re: PDF links wrong on Windows
@ 2012-06-21 12:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-06-21 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 21-6-2012 14:35, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished a book project with MkIV vers. 2012.04.14 00:10.
>
> When opening the PDF on Mac, all bookmarks link to the correct page.
> when opening the PDF on Windows, all bookmarks link to a wrong page (page number plus one).
>
> Is this a know issue?

Not to me but I've never opened a pdf on the mac with bookmarks. Hwo do
other viewers behave?

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-06-21 13:09   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-06-21 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.06.2012 um 14:55 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 21-6-2012 14:35, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just finished a book project with MkIV vers. 2012.04.14 00:10.
>>
>> When opening the PDF on Mac, all bookmarks link to the correct page.
>> when opening the PDF on Windows, all bookmarks link to a wrong page (page number plus one).
>>
>> Is this a know issue?
>
> Not to me but I've never opened a pdf on the mac with bookmarks. Hwo do other viewers behave?

On Mac I tested with different viewers (AcrobatPro, AcroReader, Mac's Preview): all give the same correct behaviour.

On Win7 I tested with Acrobat: false.
the strange thing here is, when I look at the bookmark's properties, they show the correct page number as target action. Only when pressing the link, the result gets plus one!

@Hans: do you want to test the pdf yourself?

@ 2012-06-21 13:53 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2012-06-21 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 06/21/2012 02:35 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished a book project with MkIV vers. 2012.04.14 00:10.
>
> When opening the PDF on Mac, all bookmarks link to the correct page.
> when opening the PDF on Windows, all bookmarks link to a wrong page (page number plus one).
>
> Is this a know issue?

Funny, one of my testers reported the exact same problem: bad links
(page+1) on Acrobat Pro 1.5 under Windows, fine everywhere else.

And in that case, it was not really linking to the next page, but to the
very bottom of the correct page (with \setupinteraction[focus=standard])

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: PDF links wrong on Windows
@ 2012-06-21 14:09   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2012-06-21 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.06.2012 um 15:53 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> And in that case, it was not really linking to the next page, but to the
> very bottom of the correct page (with \setupinteraction[focus=standard])

I only used \setupinteraction[state=start], no focus, nothing fancy.
Nothing funny ;o(

Steffen