* (Classical) greek in ConTeXt/Gamma
@ 2003-04-10 13:40 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-04-10 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I don't know if Idris is following the group (I hope he is), but
anyway I have a couple of questions on the support for Greek in
ConTeXt, Omega and thus also Gamma.

The need is that of typesetting classical greek snippets in a
latin (Italian, but could be English) context. I thought that
ConTeXt+(e-)Omega would be the best thing in town, so I prepared a
small test file:

\usemodule[gamma]

\mainlanguage[italian]

\starttext

Possiamo scrivere tranquillamente in italiano; questo non ci priva
per\`o della possibilit\`a di scrivere in greco: vediamo subito
l'alfabeto minuscolo e maiuscolo (notare come j dia \greek{j}
e c dia il sigma di fine parola \greek{c}):

\startgreek
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
\stopgreek

\`E ovviamente possibile usare segni diacritici come gli accenti
(\greek{`a, 'a, =a}) o gli spiriti (\greek{<r, >w}); osserviamo
come questi assumano automaticamente la posizione corretta nel
caso di lettere maiuscole (\greek{`A, 'A, =A, <A, >A, Ai})

\stoptext

While it seems to work pretty well most of the time, there seem to
be some problems; I'd like to know where they arise from and if
and how they can be fixed. The problems:

Combination               Doesn't give
  <r                       rho with spirit
  =A                       capital alpha with circumflex
  <A                       capital alpha with spirit

Moreover, I don't know how to write the subscribed iota. My system
is a MiKTeX 2.2 with (e-)Omega 1.15. Does anybody have an idea?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-10 13:40 UTC | newest]