* setuphead bug?
@ 2014-10-07 15:28 Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2014-10-07 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

There seems to be a problem in \setuphead, it produces a spurious else from the alternative=middle.

In the reference manual I see the possibilities: alternative = normal inmargin middle TEXT. Of these middle is the only one giving the else.

minimal example:

\setuphead[chapter][alternative=middle]
\starttext
\startchapter[title=TITLE]
\stopchapter
\stoptext

Is there a quick repair?

ConTeXt  ver: 2014.10.06 00:29 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.10.6  int: english/english

Hans van der Meer

[-- Attachment #2: else-bug.pdf --]

* Re: setuphead bug?
@ 2014-10-07 15:59 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2014-10-07 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don’t you mean rather
	\setuphead[chapter][align=middle]
instead of « alternative »?

Best regards: OK

On 07 Oct 2014, at 17:28, Meer, H. van der <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl> wrote:

> There seems to be a problem in \setuphead, it produces a spurious else from the alternative=middle.
>
> In the reference manual I see the possibilities: alternative = normal inmargin middle TEXT. Of these middle is the only one giving the else.
>
> minimal example:
>
> \setuphead[chapter][alternative=middle]
> \starttext
> \startchapter[title=TITLE]
> \stopchapter
> \stoptext
>
> Is there a quick repair?
>
> ConTeXt  ver: 2014.10.06 00:29 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.10.6  int: english/english
>

> Hans van der Meer
>

> <else-bug.pdf>___________________________________________________________________________________

> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: setuphead bug?
@ 2014-10-07 16:40   ` Meer, H. van der
From: Meer, H. van der @ 2014-10-07 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

\setuphead[chapter][align=middle] works out ok for me. Thanks!

But then, \setuphead[chapter][alternative=middle] seems quite correct, following the manual. The else seems strange then.

Hans van der Meer

On 07 Oct 2014, at 17:28, Meer, H. van der <H.vanderMeer@uva.nl<mailto:H.vanderMeer@uva.nl>> wrote:

There seems to be a problem in \setuphead, it produces a spurious else from the alternative=middle.

In the reference manual I see the possibilities: alternative = normal inmargin middle TEXT. Of these middle is the only one giving the else.

minimal example:

\setuphead[chapter][alternative=middle]
\starttext
\startchapter[title=TITLE]
\stopchapter
\stoptext

Is there a quick repair?

ConTeXt  ver: 2014.10.06 00:29 MKIV beta  fmt: 2014.10.6  int: english/english

Hans van der Meer

<else-bug.pdf>___________________________________________________________________________________

webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl<http://www.pragma-ade.nl/> / http://tex.aanhet.net<http://tex.aanhet.net/>
wiki     : http://contextgarden.net<http://contextgarden.net/>

* Re: setuphead bug?
@ 2014-10-07 19:22     ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2014-10-07 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

You are right, it seems that there is a trailing « else » somewhere in the sources…
Actually the possible keys for « alternative= » are

	 alternative=paragraph normal inmargin margin middle top bottom IDENTIFIER

and the following works fine also:

\setuphead[chapter] [number=no, alternative=middle]
\starttext
 \startchapter[title=TITLE]
\input knuth.tex
 \stopchapter
\stoptext

However, saying

	\setuphead[chapter] [alternative=middle]

gives the wrong result you mentioned, suggesting that there is somewhere an « else » which shouldn’t be there.
Maybe Hans H. with the above informations can nail it down?

Best regards: OK

@ 2014-10-07 20:32       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-07 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 07.10.2014 um 21:22 schrieb Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> You are right, it seems that there is a trailing « else » somewhere in the sources…
> Actually the possible keys for « alternative= » are
>
> 	 alternative=paragraph normal inmargin margin middle top bottom IDENTIFIER
>
> and the following works fine also:
>
> \setuphead[chapter] [number=no, alternative=middle]
> \starttext
>  \startchapter[title=TITLE]
> \input knuth.tex
>  \stopchapter
> \stoptext
>
> However, saying
>
> 	\setuphead[chapter] [alternative=middle]
>
> gives the wrong result you mentioned, suggesting that there is somewhere an « else » which shouldn’t be there.
> Maybe Hans H. with the above informations can nail it down?

strc-ren.mkiv

\startsetups[\??headrenderings:\v!middle]
    \vbox {
        \headsetupspacing
        \veryraggedcenter
        \let\\\endgraf
        \let\crlf\endgraf
        \ifconditional\headshownumber
            \strut
            \headnumbercontent
            \par
-       else
+       \else
            \fakeheadnumbercontent % will also be done in the other ones (force consistency with numbered)
        \fi
        \begstrut
        \headtextcontent
        \endstrut
    }
\stopsetups

Wolfgang

From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-10-07 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2014-10-07 22:33         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-10-07 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> -       else
> +       \else
>              \fakeheadnumbercontent % will also be done in the other ones (force consistency with numbered)
>          \fi

yes, a new thingie

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE