* using mag and "myway"
@ 2008-04-15 20:02 Pau
From: Pau @ 2008-04-15 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am worried because I would like to use mag-01 to write a document and
then upload it to the arxiv.org. Of course, I have a title for the document and
I would like to use it instead of having "My Way" written in the front page
(which nobody would understand)

I see that

-------------------------
%C This module is part of the \CONTEXT\ macro||package and is
%C therefore copyrighted by \PRAGMA. See mreadme.pdf for
%C details.
-------------------------

I found this file on the net.  at

www.tug.org/teTeX/tetex-texmfdist/doc/context/base/mreadme.pdf

I see that it is (basically?) GPL.

Ok... now, in mag-01 I read that:

% This style is used for producing explanationary documents.
% Don't misuse it for other purposes, since it may confuse
% users. Don't change the title either, since it provides a
% way to categorize documents. Numbers are disabled in
% instances produced outside PRAGMA ADE.

"Don't change the title either"

?!?!

and

% These are reserved for PRAGMA-ADE, don't use them yourself!

% \setvariables[magazine][main=Tricky]
% \setvariables[magazine][main=Update]
% \setvariables[magazine][main=HOWTO]

% \setvariables[magazine][main=This Way]      % preludes to a/the manual
% \setvariables[magazine][main=A Better Way]  % dirty versus clean
% \setvariables[magazine][main=No Way]        % how users should not do
% it
% \setvariables[magazine][main=Your Way]      % how users do it
% \setvariables[magazine][main=My Way]        % how users do it
% \setvariables[magazine][main=Our Way]       % how we do things at
% pragma
% \setvariables[magazine][main=Their Way]     % how to do latex things
% in context

What does this mean? Am I free to use the style but forced to write
"My Way" on the top of
it? Cannot I modify mag-01.tex, rename it to something which do not
lead to confusion (say "JourDiffTitle.tex") and -of course leaving the
comments there- use it as I want?

Are the example tex files under the gpl or cannot one modify them?

I am asking to avoid posterior problems.

Thanks,

Pau