* Available fonts
@ 2005-03-21  1:33 ishamid
From: ishamid @ 2005-03-21  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear crew,

Is there a list of prepackaged fonts/typescripts that comes with
(fp/MiK/gw/te)TeX/ConTeXt? I think it is important for that info to be made
very public. showfonts.pdf has at least some of them (plus a couple of
non-free ones) but I don't know if this is an exhaustive set. A new ConTeXt
user (especially one from a non-TeX background) should be able to easily find
a list of the fonts/typescripts available in a full
(fp/MiK/gw/te)TeX/ConTeXt system.

If I am totally clueless and missed this info, then I apologize:-)

Best
Idris

============================
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: Available fonts
@ 2005-03-21  9:07 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2005-03-21  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Idris,

> Is there a list of prepackaged fonts/typescripts that comes with
> (fp/MiK/gw/te)TeX/ConTeXt?

Not that I know of. The distributions should supply a list of
available fonts.

> I think it is important for that info to be made very public.

I agree completely.

I always wanted to start a section "fonts" on contextgarden with
samples and instructions on how to use the supplied fonts.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Available fonts
@ 2005-03-21 18:28 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-03-21 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Idris,

Yes indeed there sould be a file to test the "built-in" fonts.
Recently I was working on that. The file is in the meantime sent to
Hans, so that he can give me advice how to finalize it.- May be within
short notice we will have a demo file.

Kind regards

Willi

ishamid wrote:
> Dear crew,
>
> Is there a list of prepackaged fonts/typescripts that comes with
> (fp/MiK/gw/te)TeX/ConTeXt? I think it is important for that info to be made
> very public. showfonts.pdf has at least some of them (plus a couple of
> non-free ones) but I don't know if this is an exhaustive set. A new ConTeXt
> user (especially one from a non-TeX background) should be able to easily find
> a list of the fonts/typescripts available in a full
> (fp/MiK/gw/te)TeX/ConTeXt system.
>
> If I am totally clueless and missed this info, then I apologize:-)
>
> Best
> Idris

* Re: Available fonts
@ 2005-03-21 18:42   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2005-03-21 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:28:47 +0100, Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> wrote:

> Hi Idris,
>
> Yes indeed there sould be a file to test the "built-in" fonts.
> Recently I was working on that. The file is in the meantime sent to
> Hans, so that he can give me advice how to finalize it.- May be within
> short notice we will have a demo file.

That sounds like great news; looking forward to it!

Idris
--

@ 2005-03-22  2:35   ` Xue Ruini
From: Xue Ruini @ 2005-03-22  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi!

On Monday, 21 Mar 2005, Willi Egger wrote:

    > Hi Idris,
    >
    > Yes indeed there sould be a file to test the "built-in" fonts.
    > Recently I was working on that. The file is in the meantime sent to
    > Hans, so that he can give me advice how to finalize it.- May be within
    > short notice we will have a demo file.

    So nice!

    > Kind regards
    >
    > Willi
    >

    > ishamid wrote:
    > >Dear crew,
    > >
    > >Is there a list of prepackaged fonts/typescripts that comes with
    > >(fp/MiK/gw/te)TeX/ConTeXt? I think it is important for that info to be
    > >made very public. showfonts.pdf has at least some of them (plus a couple
    > >of non-free ones) but I don't know if this is an exhaustive set. A new
    > >ConTeXt user (especially one from a non-TeX background) should be able to
    > >easily find a list of the fonts/typescripts available in a full
    > >(fp/MiK/gw/te)TeX/ConTeXt system.
    > >
    > >If I am totally clueless and missed this info, then I apologize:-)
    > >
    > >Best
    > >Idris

Best Regards!

---------------------------------------
Xue Ruini
Institute of High Performance Computing
Tsinghua University
Beijing, 100084 China

* Re: Available fonts
@ 2007-02-04 20:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-02-04 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> Dear gang,
>
> Is there a list somewhere of the immediately available fonts in ConTeXt?
> showfont.pdf has a few; is there an updated list of available fonts and
> how to access them?

depends on what is installed ... just look at type-syn and type-enc

extra fonts may be defined in type-buy and type-ghz and files on the wiki

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Available fonts