* beginnersvragen
@ 1998-08-02 18:28 Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 1998-08-02 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

The last one:

 "HD> - het onderste blokje wil ik tegen de onderkant

got that one down as well..

[...]
      \blank[big]
      Oplage:\\
      55
    }
%\vfill              % you had this, which this didn't work
\blank[force,9*big]  % this one works. "force" mandatory here

% after this, the rest unchanged as in previous message:

\font\kleinerfont=cmss9 at 6pt
    \midaligned{\framed[width=95mm,height=12mm,align=normal]{%
      \switchtobodyfont[6pt]%
%      \kleinerfont % works nicely too
%      \switchtobodyfont[small]% also works, with better baselineskip
      Niets uit deze uitgave mag worden vermenigvuldigd en/of openbaar
gemaakt
      door middel van druk, fotokopie, microfilm of op welke wijze dan
ook,
      zonder voorafgaande toestemming van KDLL\par
    }}
  }
\stopstandardmakeup

\stoptext

Met hartelijke groet!

 Frans Goddijn   | bbs: +31 (0)26 3217041
 Postbus 30196   | email: fg@fgbbs.iaf.nl
 6803 AD Arnhem  | tel: +31 (0)26 3219342
 The Netherlands | http://www.iaf.nl/Users/Meridian
--
You are what you is

* Re: Beginnersvragen...
@ 2000-04-23 20:40     ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-04-23 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Joop Susan, ntg-context

Hallo Johannes,

> if I got that right the big manual is only in Dutch, which is perfect
> for Joop but less than perfect if you want to find out how the commands
> are in English or German?
Well if you go to Download | Beta, you will find the beta version of
some Chapters of the big manual (in English).

Tobias

* Re: Beginnersvragen...
@ 2000-04-23 12:53 Joop Susan
From: Joop Susan @ 2000-04-23 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

> Hallo,
>
> > Ik ben op zoek naar een TEX macroset voor het maken van PDF files.
> Well every TeX macro package can create PDF ;-) Either using PDFTeX or
> dvips+ps2pdf or dvipdf, but if you want to have the nice PDF stuff like
> hyperlinks, you better use a macropackage which supports this, such as
> ConTeXt. :-)

pdftex gives much smaller files than dvips+ps2pdf. I therefore wanted to
know if it was possible to do it all with one package. I need to be sure
though that the page layouts are exactly the same in all documents!

> > Voor een project moet ik van hetzelfde dokument drie verschillende PDF
> > files afleveren. Een versie op A5 papier, een versie met twee A5's op een
> > A4 in gewone nummervolgorde en een versie met twee A5's op een A4 in
> > 'Booklet' print volgorde.
> > Kan dit in ConTeXt?
> You can do so; this probably means that you have one file, which
> contains
> the text and tree files which contain the different setup, have a look
> into the (big) ConTeXt manual, Section 2 "Page design".

I did read that manual, but I could not find how to produce versions two
and three.

I could get the the first version, but not the second and third. After a
long search on the net I found the answer to getting the third in a file
called 'pdftex-t.tex':

	texexec --pdfarrange --paper=a5a4 --print=up myfile

I definately need more exaples to learn from (prefferably examples with
the dutch interface). I also found that I might need to upgrade my context
package (Using the one included in tetex 1.06 now).

> > Kan ConTeXt werken met 8bit input en dan ook regels goed afbreken in
> > woorden met accenten? Een deel van het dokument is in de Finse taal,
> > waarbij bijna ieder vierde woord een of meerdere accenten bevat. Het
> > gebruik van '\"{a}' maakt de tekst volledig onleesbaar.
> You can use 8bit input, such as Latin-1/iso-8859-1/western Windows
> encoding. (I don't know whether you can switch the encoding within the
> text, though I wouldn't be surprised if it would work.) Concerning this
> \"a (the {} is not needed), you can also define a convention concerning
> such accents, such as in German "a (see lang-ger.tex), but I think this
> isn't worth to do, since you can use 8bit encoding.

It makes a difference if you get your copy in MS word format. I means that
you would have to convert all your input files. For testing I've used
'sed' the stream editor to convert the input files. It has become quite
unreadable: 'Hyvää pääsiäistä' becomes 'Hyv\"a\"a p\"a\"asti\"aist\"a'!
Any other suggestions. If I just insert eight bit characters they do not
appear in the output. Which setting would I need to change?

> > Als het bovenstaande kan zijn er dan ergens voorbeelden van te vinden
> > (learn by example).
> I don't have a suitable example at hand, but the big handbook and the
> introduction contain a good explanation and some examples.

I cannot find examples on how to use clickable URLs in my PDF file, which
is something that I would also need.

Joop

* Re: Beginnersvragen...
@ 2000-04-23 11:20   ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2000-04-23 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sun 2000-04-23 (10:45), Tobias Burnus wrote:
> Hallo,

Hallo Tobias, hello list members,
[...]
> I don't have a suitable example at hand, but the big handbook and the
> introduction contain a good explanation and some examples.

if I got that right the big manual is only in Dutch, which is perfect
for Joop but less than perfect if you want to find out how the commands
are in English or German?

Johannes

* Re: Beginnersvragen...
@ 2000-04-23  8:45 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 2000-04-23  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hallo,

> Ik ben op zoek naar een TEX macroset voor het maken van PDF files.
Well every TeX macro package can create PDF ;-) Either using PDFTeX or
dvips+ps2pdf or dvipdf, but if you want to have the nice PDF stuff like
hyperlinks, you better use a macropackage which supports this, such as
ConTeXt. :-)

> Voor een project moet ik van hetzelfde dokument drie verschillende PDF
> files afleveren. Een versie op A5 papier, een versie met twee A5's op een
> A4 in gewone nummervolgorde en een versie met twee A5's op een A4 in
> 'Booklet' print volgorde.
> Kan dit in ConTeXt?
You can do so; this probably means that you have one file, which
contains
the text and tree files which contain the different setup, have a look
into the (big) ConTeXt manual, Section 2 "Page design".

> Kan ConTeXt werken met 8bit input en dan ook regels goed afbreken in
> woorden met accenten? Een deel van het dokument is in de Finse taal,
> waarbij bijna ieder vierde woord een of meerdere accenten bevat. Het
> gebruik van '\"{a}' maakt de tekst volledig onleesbaar.
You can use 8bit input, such as Latin-1/iso-8859-1/western Windows
encoding. (I don't know whether you can switch the encoding within the
text, though I wouldn't be surprised if it would work.) Concerning this
\"a (the {} is not needed), you can also define a convention concerning
such accents, such as in German "a (see lang-ger.tex), but I think this
isn't worth to do, since you can use 8bit encoding.

> Als het bovenstaande kan zijn er dan ergens voorbeelden van te vinden
> (learn by example).
I don't have a suitable example at hand, but the big handbook and the
introduction contain a good explanation and some examples.

Groetjes,

Tobias

PS: Sorry for writing in English, but my Dutch isn't that well; moreover
this is though to be an English list ;-)

* Beginnersvragen...
@ 2000-04-23  8:26 Joop Susan
From: Joop Susan @ 2000-04-23  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1998-08-03  9:01 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1998-08-03  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

W.H. Dekker wrote:

> \setuppagenumbering[style=oldstyle]
> \language[nl]
> \starttext\setupbodyfont[sansserif,11pt]
> \setupmakeup[width=160mm,height=260mm,voffset=-40mm]

>> large sample omitted <<

Forget about the offset. Think in terms of topspace, backspace, header,
footer, height and width.

Below you'll see how things can be done.  Watch the use of buffers, you
can paste the text directly there but this illustrates better what I do.

Some 'tricks':

- let framed calculate the width automatically
- set the offset to overlay
- the \unskips get rid of funny spaces

% format=en

\showframe

\startbuffer[tit]
\framed
  [width=fit,height=4cm,align=right]
  {Kwaliteitsdienst\\Landbouwkundige\\Laboratoria
  \blank[2*big]
  \sl KDLL-rapport}
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[org]
\framed
  [width=fit,height=40mm,align=right]
  {TNO-Voeding
   \blank[big]
   Postbus 360\\3700 AJ Zeist\\Utrechtseweg 48
   \blank[big]
   Telefoon 030-6944144}
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[cop]
\framed
 [width=95mm,height=12mm,align=normal]
 {Niets uit deze uitgave mag worden vermenigvuldigd en|/|of
  openbaar gemaakt door middel van druk, fotokopie, microfilm
  of op welke wijze dan ook, zonder voorafgaande toestemming
  van KDLL}
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[rap]
\framed
  [width=110mm,height=15mm,align=right]
  {Rapport nummer R 97.033/afl97-1\\
   Aflatoxinen\\Resultaten van het tweede ringonderzoek 1997}
\stopbuffer

\startbuffer[lst]
\framed
  [width=70mm,align=right]
  {Auteurs:\\Drs. B.J.C.~van der Vat\\C.J.~van Putten
   \blank[big]
   Projectnummer:\\560303
   \blank[big]
   TNO-Voeding rapportenarchiefnummer:\\V 97.854
   \blank[big]
   Goedgekeurd door:\\A.H.~Roos\\(Voorzitter Gebruikersgroep)
   \blank[big]
   Datum:\\November 1997
   \blank[big]
   Aantal pagina's:\\21 % \lastpage
   \blank[big]
   Oplage:\\55}
\stopbuffer

\startstandardmakeup[headerstatus=none,footerstatus=none] % will be
headerstate in next release

  \setupframed[offset=overlay]% ,frame=off]

  \hbox to \hsize{\getbuffer[tit]\hss\getbuffer[org]\unskip}

  \getbuffer[rap]

  \blank[20mm]

  \hbox to \hsize{\hss\getbuffer[lst]\unskip}

  \vfill

  \switchtobodyfont[small]

  \hbox to \hsize{\hss\getbuffer[cop]\unskip\hss}

\stopstandardmakeup

Hans

                                              Hans Hagen | PRAGMA
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma@wxs.nl

* beginnersvragen
@ 1998-08-01 22:59 W.H. Dekker
From: W.H. Dekker @ 1998-08-01 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Na veel gepuzzel is het me gelukt voor een rapport een frontpagina te
genereren zie lijkt op wat ik in Latex al had, maar er is nog een
aantal probleempjes waar ik graag wat hints voor zou willen hebben.

Hier is eerst mijn pagina:

\setuppagenumbering[style=oldstyle]
\language[nl]
\starttext\setupbodyfont[sansserif,11pt]
\setupmakeup[width=160mm,height=260mm,voffset=-40mm]
\startstandardmakeup
  \setupframed[align=right,frame=off]
  \vbox{%
    \hbox{%
      \framed[width=11cm,height=4cm]{%
        Kwaliteitsdienst\\
        Landbouwkundige\\
        Laboratoria
        \blank[2*big]
        {\sl KDLL-rapport}
      }
      \framed[width=50mm,height=40mm]{%
        TNO-Voeding\\
        \blank[big]
        Postbus 360\\
        3700 AJ Zeist\\Utrechtseweg 48
        \blank[big]
        Telefoon 030-6944144
      }
    }
    \framed[width=110mm,height=15mm]{%
      Rapport nummer R 97.033/afl97-1\\
      Aflatoxinen\\
      Resultaten van het tweede ringonderzoek 1997
    }
    \blank[20mm]
    \hfill\framed[width=70mm,height=100mm]{%
      Datum:\\
      November 1997
      \blank[big]
      Aantal pagina's:\\
      21
      \blank[big]
      Oplage:\\
      55
    }
    \vfill
    \hfill
    \framed[width=95mm,height=12mm,align=normal]{%
      \tfx
      Niets uit deze uitgave mag worden vermenigvuldigd en/of openbaar gemaakt
      door middel van druk, fotokopie, microfilm of op welke wijze dan ook,
      zonder voorafgaande toestemming van KDLL
    }
    \hfill
  }
\stopstandardmakeup
\stoptext

(Ik weet dat de layout niet mooi is, maar zo wil m'n klant het nu eenmaal)

Ik heb nog de volgende problemen:

- de eerste regel (Kwaliteitsdienst)
  begint 60mm onder de bovenrand van het papier; hoe maak ik daar 20mm
  van? Ik dacht het met die voffset te doen, maar die doet niets.

- Hoe krijg ik onder "Aantal pagina's" automatisch het juiste getal?
  Is er zoiets als \LastPage?

- het onderste blokje wil ik tegen de onderkant en gecentreerd, maar
  \vfill werkt niet, en van de twee \hfill's eromheen werkt alleen de
  eerste.

- datzelfde blokje heb ik een kleinere letter gegeven met \tfx, maar
  het moet nog kleiner. Hoe?

- de letters zijn dus wel kleiner, maar de regelafstand is daar niet
  aan angepast. Klopt dat? Hoe krijg ik die goed?

--
Hartelijke groet,
Wybo