From: Steve MC Han <hmc0907@yahoo.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 34, Issue 14
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 07:10:14 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Hi Tako, thank you for your response.

  There is nothing in mpxerr.log.

  When I was trying to use mptopdf to convert mp file to pdf, it didn't produce myfile-1.pdf... type files, even though it said it was converted. So, I looked up this manual

  http://tex.aanhet.net/context/mirror/general/sources/mptopdf.pdf

  and typed "pdftex --ini mptopdf" at command prompt without understanding. Magically, it produced pdf files, but now metapost doesn't work. Maybe, the process "pdftex --ini mptopdf" had changed the path of metapost execution.

Steve MC Han wrote:
> Could someone give some help for me?
>
> If I do metapost I have an error message: this is the exact error message
>

> C:\Han\slide>mpost --tex=latex 2MS6
> This is MetaPost, Version 0.993 (Web2C 7.5.6)
> (2MS6.mpmakempx: Command failed: mpto -tex 2MS6.mp
> >> 2MS6.mp
>>> 2MS6.mpx
> ! Unable to make mpx file.
> l.34 label.lft(btex
> Number of students etex rotated 90, (-u,u));
> Transcript written on 2MS6.log.

Can you check what is in mpxerr.log? It looks like the 'normal'
latex command in your path has a problem with something, that
does not happen with the executable in texlive's bin directory.

Best wishes,
Taco

End of ntg-context Digest, Vol 34, Issue 14

Be a PS3 game guru.