Hi Hans, [I am sending this again since the previous mails regarding were sent during the weekend]. I am on the most recent upload of LMTX [2022.04.15 20:20]. However, when I try to use math functions inside MetaPost strings, the function is not typeset correctly. Please consider the following MWE: \starttext \startMPcode draw textext("\m{\max_i x_i}"); \stopMPcode \stoptext which produces the output attached here as an image. Instead of the mfunction maxᵢ xᵢ some form of the string mathfunctionhandlelabel is typeset. I tried to inspect \math_function_handle_label [math-ini] and also mp-mlib and mlib-pps but could not figure out what is going wrong. I wonder if there is a backslash missing somewhere. I am a little worried since I use MetaFun in conjunction with maths and could not figure out what the issue is. Please see the original post by Dalyoung here: https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2022/105462.html Please advise. Thank you, Sreeram