* Re: Intermediate format
       [not found] <007a01cee94b$e7b10480$b7130d80$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-11-25 19:24 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <008301ceea1a$04df85d0$0e9e9170$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-25 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/24/2013 8:32 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> is it possible to get the complete representation of the layout that is
> processed in the luatex PDF generator?
>
> I mean coordinations of individual text boxes, their dimensions etc.
>
> In e.g. XSL-FO processors it is provided in the XML based formats:
>
> http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#IntermediateFormatSpecification
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/1.1/intermediate.html
>
> Actually, I'd like to retrieve the page number and vertical position of my
> object with a specific id (reference) to be able to perform PDF
> post-processing.
>
> Is DVI way to go? How can I get it in MkIV?

old feature ...

\starttext

     we are here: \setposition{crap}(\MPx{crap},\MPy{crap})

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Intermediate format
@ 2013-11-25 20:07   ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]   ` <008301ceea1a$04df85d0$0e9e9170$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2013-11-25 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2013-11-25 Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 11/24/2013 8:32 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> >
> > is it possible to get the complete representation of the layout that
> > is processed in the luatex PDF generator?
> >
> > I mean coordinations of individual text boxes, their dimensions etc.
> >
> > Actually, I'd like to retrieve the page number and vertical position
> > of my object with a specific id (reference) to be able to perform PDF
> > post-processing.
>
> \starttext
>
>      we are here: \setposition{crap}(\MPx{crap},\MPy{crap})
>
> \stoptext

Thanks! Looks promising, Actually I'd like to print it into a log or
somewhere else, not into the document itself. But I need also the page
number. Every record should be ideally in the form: ID;page-number;Y-coord.

> > Is DVI way to go? How can I get it in MkIV?

I've found that luatex can optionally output DVI [1], but I cannot find any
ConTeXt commandline switch to change the output format from PDF to something
else...

Thanks, Jan

___________
[1]
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/42216/which-tex-programs-produce-dvi-
output

* Re: Intermediate format
       [not found]   ` <008301ceea1a$04df85d0$0e9e9170$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-11-25 20:30     ` Aditya Mahajan
       [not found]       ` <008801ceea20$8df04570$a9d0d050$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-11-25 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

> On 2013-11-25 Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 11/24/2013 8:32 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
>>>
>>> is it possible to get the complete representation of the layout that
>>> is processed in the luatex PDF generator?
>>>
>>> I mean coordinations of individual text boxes, their dimensions etc.
>>>
>>> Actually, I'd like to retrieve the page number and vertical position
>>> of my object with a specific id (reference) to be able to perform PDF
>>> post-processing.
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>>      we are here: \setposition{crap}(\MPx{crap},\MPy{crap})
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Thanks! Looks promising, Actually I'd like to print it into a log or
> somewhere else, not into the document itself. But I need also the page
> number. Every record should be ideally in the form: ID;page-number;Y-coord.

\setposition{id}
\message{id:\MPp{id};\MPy{id};\MPx{id}}

should work (untested). Then you can parse the log file.

Aditya

* Re: Intermediate format
       [not found]   ` <008301ceea1a$04df85d0$0e9e9170$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-11-25 20:53     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-25 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/25/2013 9:07 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
> On 2013-11-25 Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 11/24/2013 8:32 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:
>>>
>>> is it possible to get the complete representation of the layout that
>>> is processed in the luatex PDF generator?
>>>
>>> I mean coordinations of individual text boxes, their dimensions etc.
>>>
>>> Actually, I'd like to retrieve the page number and vertical position
>>> of my object with a specific id (reference) to be able to perform PDF
>>> post-processing.
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>>       we are here: \setposition{crap}(\MPx{crap},\MPy{crap})
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> Thanks! Looks promising, Actually I'd like to print it into a log or
> somewhere else, not into the document itself. But I need also the page
> number. Every record should be ideally in the form: ID;page-number;Y-coord.
>
>>> Is DVI way to go? How can I get it in MkIV?
>
> I've found that luatex can optionally output DVI [1], but I cannot find any
> ConTeXt commandline switch to change the output format from PDF to something
> else...

indeed, no dvi ... it doesn't pay off to spend time on making all
backend functionality multi-mode

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Intermediate format
@ 2013-11-25 20:54       ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]       ` <008801ceea20$8df04570$a9d0d050$@tosovsky@email.cz>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2013-11-25 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2013-11-25 Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> \setposition{id}
> \message{id:\MPp{id};\MPy{id};\MPx{id}}
>
> should work (untested). Then you can parse the log file.

This is coool!

Is there any documentation to all this stuff? I cannot find anything in Wiki
or User Guide...

Jan

* Re: Intermediate format
       [not found]       ` <008801ceea20$8df04570$a9d0d050$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-11-25 21:30         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-11-25 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/25/2013 9:54 PM, Jan Tosovsky wrote:

>> \setposition{id}
>> \message{id:\MPp{id};\MPy{id};\MPx{id}}
>>
>> should work (untested). Then you can parse the log file.
>
> This is coool!
>
> Is there any documentation to all this stuff? I cannot find anything in Wiki
> or User Guide...

probably all over the place, but the metafun manual is one of them

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Intermediate format
       [not found]       ` <008801ceea20$8df04570$a9d0d050$@tosovsky@email.cz>
@ 2013-11-25 22:33         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-11-25 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> \setposition{id}
>> \message{id:\MPp{id};\MPy{id};\MPx{id}}
>>
>> should work (untested). Then you can parse the log file.
>
> This is coool!
>
> Is there any documentation to all this stuff? I cannot find anything in Wiki
> or User Guide...

Not really. See http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/125486/323 (and its edit
history) to see a usage of some more of these features.

Aditya

* Intermediate format
@ 2013-11-24 19:32 Jan Tosovsky