* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 186, Issue 61
       [not found] <mailman.1.1577098801.12900.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2019-12-26 12:44 ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2019-12-26 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

Dear Hans,

I read the “luametafun.pdf” and run the codes one by one.
It is a really nice to have those figures easily.

During the reading, I found that there is a difference between the figure in the manual and the output of my run.
I run the following code at page 24-25 in “luametafun.pdf”.

\startMPcode{doublefun} draw lmt_contour [
xmin = 0, xmax = 4*pi, xstep = .05,
ymin = -6, ymax = 6, ystep = .05,
levels =7,
height = 5cm,
preamble = "local sin, cos = math.sin, math.cos",
function = "cos(x) + cos(y)"
background = "bitmap",
foreground = "edge",
linewidth = 1/2,
cache = true,
];
\stopMPcode

In the output, the background of text is gray while the background of text in the manual is white.
Here are versions of LuaMetaTeX and ConTeXt which I use.

%%%%%%%
This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.03.4
open source     > level 1, order 1, name 'cont-yes.mkiv'
system          >
system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2019.12.16 18:54 MKIV beta  fmt: 2019.12.17  int: english/english
system          >
%%%%%%%%%

Is there anything that I miss?
Would you please to check it?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: ntg-context Digest, Vol 186, Issue 61
@ 2019-12-27 13:10   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-12-27 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeong Dal,
	list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

On 12/26/2019 1:44 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> I read the “luametafun.pdf” and run the codes one by one.
> It is a really nice to have those figures easily.
>
> During the reading, I found that there is a difference between the
> figure in the manual and the output of my run.
> I run the following code at page 24-25 in “luametafun.pdf”.
>
> \startMPcode{doublefun} draw lmt_contour [
> xmin = 0, xmax = 4*pi, xstep = .05,
> ymin = -6, ymax = 6, ystep = .05,
> levels =7,
> height = 5cm,
> preamble = "local sin, cos = math.sin, math.cos",
> function = "cos(x) + cos(y)"
> background = "bitmap",
> foreground = "edge",
> linewidth = 1/2,
> cache = true,
> ];
> \stopMPcode
>

> In the output, the background of text is gray while the background of
> text in the manual is white.
> Here are versions of LuaMetaTeX and ConTeXt which I use.
>
> %%%%%%%
> This is LuaMetaTeX, Version 2.03.4
> open source     > level 1, order 1, name 'cont-yes.mkiv'
> system          >
> system          > ConTeXt  ver: 2019.12.16 18:54 MKIV beta  fmt:
> 2019.12.17  int: english/english
> system          >
> %%%%%%%%%
>
> Is there anything that I miss?
> Would you please to check it?
fixed in next beta

* Re: background color of text in contour(former: ntg-context Digest, Vol 186, Issue 61)
@ 2019-12-28 20:27     ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2019-12-28 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen
  Cc: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

Dear Hans,

Thank you for the fix.
Background color is OK now.

A new problem in the caption:
Since width of the figure is narrower than the width of the line
"x = [0,12.555]; y = [-6,6];”,
“y  =“ is written over 12.555.

Is there any option to suppress the caption x, y since there are numbers of x and y in the figure already?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: background color of text in contour(former: ntg-context Digest, Vol 186, Issue 61)
@ 2019-12-29 10:56       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-12-29 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeong Dal
  Cc: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

On 12/28/2019 9:27 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> Thank you for the fix.
> Background color is OK now.
>
> A new problem in the caption:
> Since width of the figure is narrower than the width of the line
> "x = [0,12.555]; y = [-6,6];”,
> “y  =“ is written over 12.555.
>
> Is there any option to suppress the caption x, y since there are numbers of x and y in the figure already?
new MWE needed

Hans

* Re: background color of text in contour(former: ntg-context Digest, Vol 186, Issue 61)
@ 2019-12-29 12:16       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-12-29 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeong Dal
  Cc: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

On 12/28/2019 9:27 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> Thank you for the fix.
> Background color is OK now.
>
> A new problem in the caption:
> Since width of the figure is narrower than the width of the line
> "x = [0,12.555]; y = [-6,6];”,
> “y  =“ is written over 12.555.
>
> Is there any option to suppress the caption x, y since there are numbers of x and y in the figure already?
btw, you can check mp-lmtx.mpxl for the code ... it's not that hard to
follow and see what the options do (mostly user interfacing)

Hans

* Re: background color of text in contour(former: ntg-context Digest, Vol 186, Issue 61)
@ 2019-12-29 13:33         ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2019-12-29 13:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans Hagen
  Cc: list ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl ntg-context@ntg.nl
	ntg-context@ntg.nl

Dear Hans,

I run the following code which is in page 24,25 luametafun.pdf.

1. adding \starttext and \stoptext, it works fine. No overlapping.
Also, functionstyle = “math” is working nicely.

2. removing \starttext and \stoptext, then functionstyle =“math” invoked an error.

3. removing \starttext, \stoptext, and functionstyle=“math”, it worked. However the caption
“x=[…]; 	y=[….]” is overlapped.

%\starttext
\startMPcode{doublefun}
draw lmt_contour [
xmin = 0, xmax = 4*pi, xstep = .05,
ymin = -6, ymax = 6, ystep = .05,
levels = 7,
height = 5cm,
preamble = "local sin, cos = math.sin, math.cos",
function = "cos(x)+sin(y)",
%functionstyle = "math",
background = "bitmap",
foreground = "edge",
linewidth = 1/2,
cache = true,
];
\stopMPcode
%\stoptext

Thank you so much.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: background color of text in contour(former: ntg-context Digest, Vol 186, Issue 61)
@ 2019-12-29 13:42           ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2019-12-29 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jeong Dal schrieb am 29.12.2019 um 14:33:
> Dear Hans,
>
> I run the following code which is in page 24,25 luametafun.pdf.
>
> 1. adding \starttext and \stoptext, it works fine. No overlapping.
> Also, functionstyle = “math” is working nicely.
>
> 2. removing \starttext and \stoptext, then functionstyle =“math”
> invoked an error.
>
> 3. removing \starttext, \stoptext, and functionstyle=“math”, it
> worked. However the caption
> “x=[…]; y=[….]” is overlapped.

ConTeXt doesn't preload fonts and only when no font was set untill
\starttext latin modern is used as fallback font at this point.

When you omit \starttext no font is loaded and when you use math mode
(which is the case when you use funtionstyle=math) the error message
appears. Another fallback in this case it to load a monospaced font in
horizontal or vertical boxes which is what you set in your example when
you remove \starttext.

Wolfgang

* Re: background color of text in contour(former: ntg-context Digest, Vol 186, Issue 61)
@ 2019-12-29 18:45             ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2019-12-29 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)