Thanks Wolfgang. > calm down. Done. I've let some steam off earlier on. OoOo<:O) >\setuphead[chapter][style=\ > > >myHeadingsFont\myChapterFont] > > > >You have to load 'myHeadingsfont' typescript before you can use > >them because they are not available on outer level, only fonts used > >as bodyfont can be accesed without this selection. That works indeed. >I found the information to solve your problem in the fonts manual and >you should read it if you need more information. Oh, the number of times I read it. One more time a moment ago. Sooo... the Da Fonti Code is hidden in there. In which section of the manual did you find the clue ? In my quest to further understand how this stuff works, I've been testing the following... \setuppapersize [A4][A4] \starttypescript [serif] [mySerifFont] \definefontsynonym [mySerifFontRegular] [name:Times New Roman] [features=default] \definefontsynonym [mySerifFontItalic] [name:Times New Roman Italic] [features=default] \definefontsynonym [mySerifFontBold] [name:Times New Roman Bold] [features=default] \definefontsynonym [mySerifFontBoldItalic] [name:Times New Roman Bold Italic] [features=default] \stoptypescript \starttypescript [serif] [mySerifFont] \setups[font:fallback:serif] \definefontsynonym [Serif] [mySerifFontRegular] \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic] [mySerifFontItalic] \definefontsynonym [SerifBold] [mySerifFontBold] \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic] [mySerifFontBoldItalic] \stoptypescript %\starttypescript [mySerifFont] % \definetypeface [mySerifFont] [rm] [serif] [mySerifFont] [default] %\stoptypescript \starttypescript [sans] [mySansFont] \definefontsynonym [mySansFontRegular] [name:Arial] [features=default] \definefontsynonym [mySansFontItalic] [name:Arial Italic] [features=default] \definefontsynonym [mySansFontBold] [name:Arial Bold] [features=default] \definefontsynonym [mySansFontBoldItalic] [name:Arial Bold Italic] [features=default] \stoptypescript \starttypescript [sans] [mySansFont] \setups[font:fallback:sans] \definefontsynonym [Sans] [mySansFontRegular] \definefontsynonym [SansItalic] [mySansFontItalic] \definefontsynonym [SansBold] [mySansFontBold] \definefontsynonym [SansBoldItalic] [mySansFontBoldItalic] \stoptypescript %\starttypescript [mySansFont] % \definetypeface [mySansFont] [ss] [sans] [mySansFont] [default] %\stoptypescript \starttypescript[myFonts] \definetypeface [mySerifFont] [rm] [serif] [mySerifFont] [default] \definetypeface [mySansFont] [ss] [sans] [mySansFont] [default] \stoptypescript \usetypescript[myFonts] \setupbodyfont[mySerifFont,12pt] % this displays the correct font %\setupbodyfont[mySansFont,12pt] % this displays the correct font \definefont[myChapterFont][mySansFont sa 1.728] % compile error at line 57 with (2) [and (1)] %\definefont[myChapterFont][Arial sa 1.728] % this works with (1), compile error at line 57 with (2) %\definefont[myChapterFont][Sans sa 1.728] % defaults to LM font with (1), compile error at line 57 with (2) %\setuphead[chapter][style=\myChapterFont] % (1) %\setuphead[chapter][style=\myFonts\myChapterFont] % (2) %\setuphead[chapter][style=\tfc\mySansFont] % (3) this works \starttext \chapter{chapter test} % line 57 \section{section test} text test \stoptext Looking for further clues. Alan P.S. Resistance is futile Fontzi...I will assimilate you!