On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد < ishamid@colostate.edu> wrote: > Hi, > > On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 03:29:56 -0600, Alan Stone > wrote: > > > (1) FYI, Application Data.zip also contains a 'Program Files' folder > > which has the same contents as 'Program Files.zip' > > Strange; I'll correct it. > > > From readme.txt : > > (2) 9. Copy the directory Program Files\Notepad++ to Program Files > > Shouldn't it be "copy the *contents* of these (sub)directories to their > > corresponding > > C:\Program Files\Notepad++ (sub)directories" ? > > Put another way: Drop "Program Files\Notepad++" onto "C:\Program Files" I somehow thought this operation would replace C:\Program\Notepad++ ... which isn't. Hey, I learned something new about how Windows works. :O) > > (3) 10. Copy the directory Application Data\Notepad++ to Application > > Data. > > To Windows XP's C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data or > > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data ? > > See earlier in the readme: "in what follows I assume that all > configuration files are saved > in \\Application Data\Notepad++" > Missed that one. Must have been speeding (reading). > Thanks for the comments and You're welcome. Two other questions, if I may... (1) The folding feature behaves strangely. - Instead of folding it collapses everything what's underneath. - Once a folding section gets initiated from within the ConTeXt setup area ( at a \startsomething command ), it runs straight down to \stoptext instead of from every \startsomething to \stopsomething (2) Preferences -> "New Document" tab * Format: Windows - Unix - Mac -> are (*.tex) files between these OSs incompatible ? * Encoding: UTF 8, UTF 8 with BOM -> what must be selected for ConTeXt ? Looks like great editor nevertheless, much better than SciTE. Thanks again for the ConTeXt package. Best, Alan