On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > > > Alan STONE wrote: >>> Nope, couldn't do it. I am _almost_ sorry to say that luatex on >>> linux-64 is behaving fine. Mojca (or someone else that has this >>> 'Parsing CFF' problem), can you try to pinpoint the problem in a >>> debugger? >> >> Which debugger Taco ? > > A source debugger (like gdb). You'll also need to comment out the > "$STRIP "$B"/texk/web2c/luatex" line in build.sh, otherwise the > debugger cannot use symbols. > > > The message is produced by font/writecff.c, line 820: > > pdftex_fail("Parsing CFF DICT failed. (error=%d)", status); > > you can set a breakpoint there, but the error happens earlier. > > The (error=-1) actually signifies a CFF parsing (decoding) error, > but that does not help much in finding the problem. What is needed > is at least a stack backtrace, and probably also the current location > inside the CFF file. > > Best wishes, > Taco There's a windows version at http://www.equation.com/servlet/equation.cmd?call=gdb and I'm trying to figure out how to use this thing. That's for the day after tomorrow. To be continued... Best, Alan