* Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-01 18:33 Taco Hoekwater
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-01 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
	MetaPost bug reports and discussion.

Hello everybody,

This message is to inform you all that as of today, I am no longer an
employee of Elvenkind BV, the company where I have worked for during
the past years.

Working for Elvenkind has been a pleasure, but it has always been
hard for Elvenkind to find enough commercial projects to employ me in.
Even the recent (much appreciated!) funded TeX-development projects
simply do not generate enough revenue for Elvenkind to make it viable
to keep me as an employee in the current economic climate.

This is not the best time to be out of a job, but nevertheless I have
decided to try to make the most of it an attempt to make an old dream
happen: being my own boss.

Since quite some time already I have had a private company called
Bittext that I use for various bits and pieces that simply did not fit
in with Elvenkind's company strategy (its original intent was to place
my font development work in that company, but it has also been used as
the company behind organizing the ConTeXt Epen meeting in 2007, for
example).

For the development of luatex and metapost, I do not expect that much
to change compared to the current situation: Hans and I will continue
to write funding proposals and we hope that enough of those will be
granted so that I can keep that development work going much like it is.
(about a 50% commitment working on these two programs in an average
working week).

However, for ConTeXT and other TeX-related things, the situation is a
bit more problematic. Pragma ADE does not have money to fund any
projects, even if I managed to find something to excite Hans that
he couldn't do faster himself ;). To find the missing source of
income, I intend to start giving commercial ConTeXt courses and
I plan to start selling manuals via lulu. Perhaps there is a bit of
consultancy that can be found as well, and I will try to regain some
of my old mathematical typesetting clients.

But I fear that even all of that together will generate enough income
for me to continue developing modules and offering help for free.
Therefore, the planned bib module replacement will be released as
commercial software, and support for other ConTeXT stuff (like the
current bib module) will become a paid service. Probably via a
subscription website, that will (for example) also host my release
notes. I am brooding on other ConTeXt module ideas that people
may be willing to pay for, and I will finish the font projects
that are still on my disk for sale via my website.

This April (until around BachoTeX) I will still be busy preparing the
luatex and metapost binaries for the TeXlive 2009 deadline, but after
that I will likely drop offline for a while, creating the Bittext
website ( http://www.bittext.com ) and figuring out things like how to
be on the receiving end of Lulu and PayPal.

Well, that is about all I wanted to say right now. I am quite
apprehensive about how this news will fall in the ConTeXT community, but
I see no other way. And I must admit that at the same time I am quite
excited about being "in control of my own destiny", as they say!

Best wishes to all of you,

Taco

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-01 19:47 ` Alan Stone
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Alan Stone @ 2009-04-01 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> This message is to inform you all that as of today, I am no longer an
> employee of Elvenkind BV, the company where I have worked for during
> the past years.
>
> Working for Elvenkind has been a pleasure, but it has always been
> hard for Elvenkind to find enough commercial projects to employ me in.
> Even the recent (much appreciated!) funded TeX-development projects
> simply do not generate enough revenue for Elvenkind to make it viable
> to keep me as an employee in the current economic climate.
>
> This is not the best time to be out of a job, but nevertheless I have
> decided to try to make the most of it an attempt to make an old dream
> happen: being my own boss.

Hey Taco,

Congrats for your daring decisoin!  ;O)

There's never a right, wrong or best time.

Even more today, the day job thing is just
an excuse to stay in an illusionary comfort
zone.

We make our own choices and success.
Go for it, don't look back and keep up the
good work.

All the best and to your success,
Alan

> Since quite some time already I have had a private company called
> Bittext that I use for various bits and pieces that simply did not fit
> in with Elvenkind's company strategy (its original intent was to place my
> font development work in that company, but it has also been used as
> the company behind organizing the ConTeXt Epen meeting in 2007, for
> example).
>
> For the development of luatex and metapost, I do not expect that much
> to change compared to the current situation: Hans and I will continue
> to write funding proposals and we hope that enough of those will be
> granted so that I can keep that development work going much like it is.
> (about a 50% commitment working on these two programs in an average
> working week).
>
> However, for ConTeXT and other TeX-related things, the situation is a
> bit more problematic. Pragma ADE does not have money to fund any
> projects, even if I managed to find something to excite Hans that
> he couldn't do faster himself ;). To find the missing source of
> income, I intend to start giving commercial ConTeXt courses and
> I plan to start selling manuals via lulu. Perhaps there is a bit of
> consultancy that can be found as well, and I will try to regain some
> of my old mathematical typesetting clients.
>
> But I fear that even all of that together will generate enough income
> for me to continue developing modules and offering help for free.
> Therefore, the planned bib module replacement will be released as
> commercial software, and support for other ConTeXT stuff (like the
> current bib module) will become a paid service. Probably via a
> subscription website, that will (for example) also host my release
> notes. I am brooding on other ConTeXt module ideas that people
> may be willing to pay for, and I will finish the font projects
> that are still on my disk for sale via my website.
>
> This April (until around BachoTeX) I will still be busy preparing the
> luatex and metapost binaries for the TeXlive 2009 deadline, but after
> that I will likely drop offline for a while, creating the Bittext website (
> http://www.bittext.com ) and figuring out things like how to
> be on the receiving end of Lulu and PayPal.
>
> Well, that is about all I wanted to say right now. I am quite apprehensive
> about how this news will fall in the ConTeXT community, but
> I see no other way. And I must admit that at the same time I am quite
> excited about being "in control of my own destiny", as they say!
>
> Best wishes to all of you,
>
> Taco

* Re: [Dev-luatex] Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-01 20:33 ` Wolfgang Schuster
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-01 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.04.2009 um 20:33 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:

> But I fear that even all of that together will generate enough income
> for me to continue developing modules and offering help for free.
> Therefore, the planned bib module replacement will be released as
> commercial software, and support for other ConTeXT stuff (like the
> current bib module) will become a paid service. Probably via a
> subscription website, that will (for example) also host my release
> notes. I am brooding on other ConTeXt module ideas that people
> may be willing to pay for, and I will finish the font projects
> that are still on my disk for sale via my website.

If you're no longer interested on a free version of the bib module
I can write one, let's see which one the users will choose :)

I have also a modul wish you can add to your list, it called t-askhans
and works like

\startaskhans
How can I get ...?
\stopaskhans

and answer to the question is printed (with a nice layout + example)
in the resulting pdf file.

Wolfgang

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-01 21:30 ` Nikolai Weibull
       [not found] ` <49D3B36C.4010603-kFB6Pg+5RZv2eFz/2MeuCQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2009-04-01 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 20:33, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> I plan to start selling manuals via lulu.

I'm very interested in seeing what you'll produce.

* Re: Affiliation change
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-04-01 23:18 ` David Wooten
       [not found] ` <49D3B36C.4010603-kFB6Pg+5RZv2eFz/2MeuCQ@public.gmane.org>
From: David Wooten @ 2009-04-01 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Taco,

I really appreciate your work & help over the years, and fully support
your decision. It is also a dream of mine to find my way to financial
stability as a polymath freelancer. Luckily, it's not my dream to make
it rich ;)

Best wishes,
David

* Re: [NTG-context] Affiliation change
       [not found] ` <49D3B36C.4010603-kFB6Pg+5RZv2eFz/2MeuCQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2009-04-02  7:40   ` Taco Hoekwater
                       ` (3 more replies)
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-02  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: MetaPost bug reports and discussion., luatex development list

Hi,

As Arthur emailed me already: you people are just too gullible ! :)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> This message is to inform you all that as of today, I am no longer an
> employee of Elvenkind BV, the company where I have worked for during
> the past years.

This part is true, I am in fact an independant contractor now. Life is
just more fun that way, there is no other reason.

> Working for Elvenkind has been a pleasure, but it has always been
> hard for Elvenkind to find enough commercial projects to employ me in.

false

> Even the recent (much appreciated!) funded TeX-development projects
> simply do not generate enough revenue for Elvenkind to make it viable
> to keep me as an employee in the current economic climate.

false (Elvenkind is doing better than ever, if anything)

> This is not the best time to be out of a job, but nevertheless I have
> decided to try to make the most of it an attempt to make an old dream
> happen: being my own boss.

true

> Since quite some time already I have had a private company called
> Bittext that I use for various bits and pieces that simply did not fit
> in with Elvenkind's company strategy (its original intent was to place
> my font development work in that company, but it has also been used as
> the company behind organizing the ConTeXt Epen meeting in 2007, for
> example).

true

> For the development of luatex and metapost, I do not expect that much
> to change compared to the current situation: Hans and I will continue
> to write funding proposals and we hope that enough of those will be
> granted so that I can keep that development work going much like it is.
> (about a 50% commitment working on these two programs in an average
> working week).

true

> However, for ConTeXT and other TeX-related things, the situation is a
> bit more problematic.

false

>                        Pragma ADE does not have money to fund any
> projects, even if I managed to find something to excite Hans that
> he couldn't do faster himself ;).

true

>                                   To find the missing source of
> income, I intend to start giving commercial ConTeXt courses and

false

> I plan to start selling manuals via lulu.

false

>                                           Perhaps there is a bit of
> consultancy that can be found as well,

false

>                                           and I will try to regain some
> of my old mathematical typesetting clients.

false

> But I fear that even all of that together will generate enough income
> for me to continue developing modules and offering help for free.

false

> Therefore, the planned bib module replacement will be released as
> commercial software,

false

>                       and support for other ConTeXT stuff (like the
> current bib module) will become a paid service.

false

>                                                 Probably via a
> subscription website, that will (for example) also host my release
> notes.

false

>        I am brooding on other ConTeXt module ideas that people
> may be willing to pay for,

false

>                            and I will finish the font projects
> that are still on my disk for sale via my website.

maybe

> This April (until around BachoTeX) I will still be busy preparing the
> luatex and metapost binaries for the TeXlive 2009 deadline, but after

true

> that I will likely drop offline for a while,

false

>                                               creating the Bittext
> website ( http://www.bittext.com )

true-ish, that really does need to be done.

>                                    and figuring out things like how to
> be on the receiving end of Lulu and PayPal.

false

> Well, that is about all I wanted to say right now. I am quite
> apprehensive about how this news will fall in the ConTeXT community, but
> I see no other way.

false

@ 2009-04-02  7:40   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-02  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 01.04.2009 um 20:33 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
>
>> But I fear that even all of that together will generate enough income
>> for me to continue developing modules and offering help for free.
>> Therefore, the planned bib module replacement will be released as
>> commercial software, and support for other ConTeXT stuff (like the
>> current bib module) will become a paid service. Probably via a
>> subscription website, that will (for example) also host my release
>> notes. I am brooding on other ConTeXt module ideas that people
>> may be willing to pay for, and I will finish the font projects
>> that are still on my disk for sale via my website.
>
> If you're no longer interested on a free version of the bib module
> I can write one, let's see which one the users will choose :)
>
> I have also a modul wish you can add to your list, it called t-askhans
> and works like
>
> \startaskhans
> How can I get ...?
> \stopaskhans
>
> and answer to the question is printed (with a nice layout + example)
> in the resulting pdf file.

after seeing tacos mail i got so depressed that i dropped off line
(after kicking him of the context list of course) ... i think that the
simpliest solution is no longer to support bibliographies at all, after
all, we have no published manuals to cite anyway

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-04-02  7:45     ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2009-04-02  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is all of this an April 1st hoax?
Now that we are April 2nd, please put an end to our anxiety…

Best regards: OK

On 2 avr. 09, at 09:40, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 01.04.2009 um 20:33 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
>>> But I fear that even all of that together will generate enough
>>> income
>>> for me to continue developing modules and offering help for free.
>>> Therefore, the planned bib module replacement will be released as
>>> commercial software, and support for other ConTeXT stuff (like the
>>> current bib module) will become a paid service. Probably via a
>>> subscription website, that will (for example) also host my release
>>> notes. I am brooding on other ConTeXt module ideas that people
>>> may be willing to pay for, and I will finish the font projects
>>> that are still on my disk for sale via my website.
>> If you're no longer interested on a free version of the bib module
>> I can write one, let's see which one the users will choose :)
>> I have also a modul wish you can add to your list, it called t-
>> askhans
>> and works like
>> \startaskhans
>> How can I get ...?
>> \stopaskhans
>> and answer to the question is printed (with a nice layout + example)
>> in the resulting pdf file.
>
> after seeing tacos mail i got so depressed that i dropped off line
> (after kicking him of the context list of course) ... i think that
> the simpliest solution is no longer to support bibliographies at
> all, after all, we have no published manuals to cite anyway
>
> Hans

>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  7:57     ` luigi scarso
                       ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-04-02  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As Arthur emailed me already: you people are just too gullible ! :)

Bad boy .
You should consider that some of us can have, well ,how can I say, a heart
trouble , a heart condition .

Please , provide for check-up for our ancient members asap .

--
luigi

* Re: [Dev-luatex] Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  7:59     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-04-02  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> after seeing tacos mail i got so depressed that i dropped off line (after
> kicking him of the context list of course) ... i think that the simpliest
> solution is no longer to support bibliographies at all, after all, we have
> no published manuals to cite anyway

I think we need a party ; I can bring the Martini .

--
luigi

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:00     ` Yanrui Li
From: Yanrui Li @ 2009-04-02  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I heard  the worst message and the best one.

2009/4/2 Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>:

> [...]
>
> maybe
>
>> This April (until around BachoTeX) I will still be busy preparing the
>> luatex and metapost binaries for the TeXlive 2009 deadline, but after
>
> true
>
>> that I will likely drop offline for a while,
>
> false
>
>>                                               creating the Bittext
>> website ( http://www.bittext.com )
>
> true-ish, that really does need to be done.
>
>>                                    and figuring out things like how to
>> be on the receiving end of Lulu and PayPal.
>
> false
>
>> Well, that is about all I wanted to say right now. I am quite
>> apprehensive about how this news will fall in the ConTeXT community, but
>> I see no other way.
>
> false
>
>>                     And I must admit that at the same time I am quite
>> excited about being "in control of my own destiny", as they say!

Best wishes,
Li Yanrui

* Gentoo Linux (~x86)
* ConTeXt Minimals Beta (2009.03.29 13:28)

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:10       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-02  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As Arthur emailed me already: you people are just too gullible ! :)
>>
> Bad boy .
> You should consider that some of us can have, well ,how can I say, a heart
> trouble , a heart condition .
>
> Please , provide for check-up for our ancient members asap .

well, if it helps you to calm doen, i can let you know that luatex now
reports a \badness of 20000 when you typeset the word 'taco'

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:20         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-04-02  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> well, if it helps you to calm doen, i can let you know that luatex now
> reports a \badness of 20000 when you typeset the word 'taco'

ok , but it's not enough

--
luigi

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:27           ` Alan Stone
                               ` (2 more replies)
From: Alan Stone @ 2009-04-02  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>wrote:

>> well, if it helps you to calm doen, i can let you know that luatex now
>> reports a \badness of 20000 when you typeset the word 'taco'
>>
> ok , but it's not enough

How about...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite ?

Oh and authors of the manual, would you please add this to it - in a
separate chapter ?  ;O)

Alan

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:31       ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2009-04-02  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

A great fun Taco, Thanks!

(I did believe you for a moment)

Best,
--
Jean

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:32             ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-04-02  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/4/2 Alan Stone <software.list.1es9s@gmail.com>

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>>> well, if it helps you to calm doen, i can let you know that luatex now
>>> reports a \badness of 20000 when you typeset the word 'taco'
>>>
>> ok , but it's not enough
>

> How about...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite ?
>
> Oh and authors of the manual, would you please add this to it - in a
> separate chapter ?  ;O)

Ah right
A question is \badness=20000 infinite in luatex ?
In TeX yes and I think also in luatex .

Anyway,
it's not enough

--
luigi

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:33         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-04-02  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

> (I did believe you for a moment)

I did believe it  a night , better ,until this morning .

--
luigi

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:37             ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-04-02  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Oh and authors of the manual, would you please add this to it - in a
> separate chapter ?  ;O)

+1
in perpetual memory
(anyway it's not enough)

--
luigi

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:41             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-02  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Stone wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>>> well, if it helps you to calm doen, i can let you know that luatex now
>>> reports a \badness of 20000 when you typeset the word 'taco'
>>>
>> ok , but it's not enough
>

> How about...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite ?
>
> Oh and authors of the manual, would you please add this to it - in a
> separate chapter ?  ;O)

that's only possible when the mp project has produced megapost (no joke)
   after which we start the megatex project (possible joke)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:42               ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-02  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:
> (anyway it's not enough)

Looks like I owe Luigi a beer (for which he will have to attend the
meeting, of course).

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:45               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-02  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

luigi scarso wrote:

>>> ok , but it's not enough
>>
>> How about...
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite ?
>>
>> Oh and authors of the manual, would you please add this to it - in a
>> separate chapter ?  ;O)
>>

> Ah right
> A question is \badness=20000 infinite in luatex ?
> In TeX yes and I think also in luatex .

well, in luatex it is possible to say callback.register("check_badness",
function(b) return (b >= 20000 and -b) or b end) so we might never notice

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:45               ` Alan Stone
From: Alan Stone @ 2009-04-02  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:37 AM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso@gmail.com>wrote:

>> Oh and authors of the manual, would you please add this to it - in a
>> separate chapter ?  ;O)
>>
> +1
> in perpetual memory
> (anyway it's not enough)

Hmmm...

Add a line "About Taco" to the "Welcome" section of
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Main_Page , in bold red characters ?

Alan

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  8:47                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-04-02  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> luigi scarso wrote:
>> (anyway it's not enough)
>
> Looks like I owe Luigi a beer (for which he will have to attend the
> meeting, of course).

ok, two beers than (since dutch beers are half the size of german, czech
and slovenian beers)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  9:12                   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-04-02  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>> luigi scarso wrote:
>>
>>> (anyway it's not enough)
>>>

>> Looks like I owe Luigi a beer (for which he will have to attend the
>> meeting, of course).
>>

> ok, two beers than (since dutch beers are half the size of german, czech
> and slovenian beers)

ok, that's ok

--
luigi

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02  9:37     ` Wei-Wei Guo
From: Wei-Wei Guo @ 2009-04-02  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Although the fool's day passed, I still had been gotten by you. It's so
good that those horrible things are not true.

Good job!
Wei-Wei

Taco Hoekwater 写道:

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02 12:56         ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-04-02 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2009-04-02 um 10:10 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> well, if it helps you to calm doen, i can let you know that luatex
> now reports a \badness of 20000 when you typeset the word 'taco'

Well, that's really a problem, since I'm working on a quality manual
for a global Mexican food company...

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02 12:58                   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2009-04-02 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2009-04-02 um 10:47 schrieb Hans Hagen:

>> Looks like I owe Luigi a beer (for which he will have to attend the
>> meeting, of course).
>
> ok, two beers than (since dutch beers are half the size of german,
> czech and slovenian beers)

Depends - Colonian beer is served in tiny glasses...

@ 2009-04-02 13:01                     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2009-04-02 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2009-04-02 um 10:47 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
>>> Looks like I owe Luigi a beer (for which he will have to attend the
>>> meeting, of course).
>>
>> ok, two beers than (since dutch beers are half the size of german,
>> czech and slovenian beers)
>

> Depends - Colonian beer is served in tiny glasses...

I wouldn't be so eager to drink beer with 'colon' in the name, either :)
Perhaps we should stop this thread ...

Best wishes,
Taco

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02 13:16                       ` Alan Stone
From: Alan Stone @ 2009-04-02 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:01 PM, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> >> ok, two beers than (since dutch beers are half the size of german,
> >> czech and slovenian beers)
> >

> > Depends - Colonian beer is served in tiny glasses...
>
> I wouldn't be so eager to drink beer with 'colon' in the name, either :)

That probably explains the tiny glasses.

> Perhaps we should stop this thread ...
>
> Best wishes,
> Taco

* Re: Affiliation change
                       ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-04-02 13:52     ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد @ 2009-04-02 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 01:40:26 -0600, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
wrote:

> As Arthur emailed me already: you people are just too gullible ! :)

Actually, I guessed that it was a joke in the first few minutes after
receiving it .. It was a well-staged prank, but your talk of "selling the
bib module" gave you away...

I was really surprised that Wolfgang fell for it...

:-)

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02 14:00       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-04-02 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

2009/4/2 Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد <ishamid@colostate.edu>

> On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 01:40:26 -0600, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com>
> wrote:
>
>  As Arthur emailed me already: you people are just too gullible ! :)
>>

> Actually, I guessed that it was a joke in the first few minutes after
> receiving it .. It was a well-staged prank, but your talk of "selling the
> bib module" gave you away...

Until last year "selling bib module" shoud be enough .

Actually the deep world crisis can change  many things -- so no surprise,
but high apprehension yes .

Next year -- who knows ?

--
luigi

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-02 22:36       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-02 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: =?UTF-8?Q?=D8=B3=D9=85=D8=A7=D9=88=D9=8A_=D8=AD=D8=A7=D9=85?=,
	د,
	=?UTF-8?Q?Idris_Samawi_Hamid_=D8=A7=D8=AF=D8=B1=D9=8A=D8=B3_?=

Am 02.04.2009 um 15:52 schrieb Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي
حامد:

> Actually, I guessed that it was a joke in the first few minutes
> after receiving it .. It was a well-staged prank, but your talk of
> "selling the bib module" gave you away...
>
> I was really surprised that Wolfgang fell for it...

Hi Idris, my answer wasn't meant to be serious but it seems you fell
to mine :)

Wolfgang

* Re: Affiliation change
@ 2009-04-03  5:15         ` luigi scarso