Alan Bowen schrieb am 30.04.2021 um 13:19: > Hi, Wolfgang— > > I copied all the fonts to a new document (file attached) and ran > ConTeXt. The problem persists. The cause, I think, comes in the lines: > > \definefallbackfamily[mainface] [mm] [STIX Two Text] > [range=digitsnormal, > force=yes, > features=f:oldstyle] > which used to give me oldstyle numerals. I'm unable to reproduce the error with your example and most of the fallbacks are ignored because I don't have the fonts. To ensure there is no problem with the format and font database delete the cache and rebuild it:         mtxrun --script cache --erase         mtxrun --generate When this doesn't help you simplify your example. First remove one \definefallbackfamily at a time and afterwards remove \definefontfamily until the error disappears. Wolfgang