* Combining figures
@ 2009-05-09  8:19 Robert Blackstone
From: Robert Blackstone @ 2009-05-09  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM, <ntg-context-request@ntg.nl>, Mojca
Miklavec and Thomas Floeren wrote, respectively:

> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 21:53, Robert Blackstone wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I am working on a text that contains many combined figures, some side by
> > side, ?some arranged vertically. I use, following ?ConTeXt, an
> excursion?,
> > \startcombination[1*2] and \startcombination[2*1] respectively. The first
> > one works, the second doesn?t, that is, it also places the figures one
> above
> > the other. It happens both with the ?MacTeX?-version of ConTeXt and with
> the
> > minimals.
> > What can I do to place two figures side by side with a single caption?
>
> Both variants work for me.
>
> \starttext
> \placefigure{some title}
> {\startcombination[1*2]
>        {\framed[width=5cm]{}}{}
>        {\framed[width=5cm]{}}{}
> \stopcombination}
> \placefigure{some title}
> {\startcombination[2*1]
>        {\framed[width=5cm]{}}{}
>        {\framed[width=5cm]{}}{}
> \stopcombination}
> \stoptext
>
> Mojca
>

> ------------------------------
>

> For me normally \startcombination[2*1] .. works. MKII; Side by side
> with a single caption.
> Please tell me if I didnt understand your problem.
>
> Greetings
> Tom

Thanks to Mojca and Tom,
With Mojca’s commands, {\framed[width=5cm]{}}{}, it works for me too. But I
do not want the figures framed. When I replace that piece with
{\externalfigure[NameofFigure]}, the figures are placed vertically, both
with [2*1] and with [1*2].
I have uploaded a folder with a small testfile, which on my Mac shows this
behaviour, as you can see in the pdf. (For convenience I have entered the
two possibilities in the testfile, one of them commented out.) It can be
downloaded from
http://web.me.com/blackstone.robert/filechute/Combining_Figures.zip.
Maybe there are some other errors in the file that I do not know of.
Thanks for the attention.
Best regards,
Robert Blackstone

From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-05-09  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 09.05.2009 um 10:19 schrieb Robert Blackstone:

> For me normally \startcombination[2*1] .. works. MKII; Side by side
> with a single caption.
> Please tell me if I didnt understand your problem.

\placefigure
[here,force][fig:Ex6]{Ux zeuhl, ma lamax quolt epp ik, korsa ozlint
vusp urfa,.}
\startcombination[2*1]
{\externalfigure[Ex6a]}{}
{\externalfigure[Ex6b]}{}
                        ^^
\stopcombination

Wolfgang

* Re: Combining figures
@ 2009-05-09 10:39 ` Thomas Floeren
From: Thomas Floeren @ 2009-05-09 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

i think, you just forgot the second pair of curly brackets({}):

{\externalfigure[Ex6a]}{}
{\externalfigure[Ex6b]}{}

for me (mac, context 2009.04.10 18:02 MKII) your code works fine like
this, the two side by side.

Greets

@ 2009-05-09 11:43   ` Thomas Floeren
From: Thomas Floeren @ 2009-05-09 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there anything wrong with the mailing list or am I just missing
something in the config?

I just wrote a mail, and only afterwards I’ve seen on the mail archive
that the subject/prob was already ok.

It seems that I can’t receive the actual mails in my inbox, only after
an indeterminable delay they are delivered.
I dont receive either my own mails (yes, the box in the config is
checked).
I’m receiving the mails via gmail, the client program is the standard
AppleMail-program.
Does anybody have similar issues?

Thanks

Thomas